Pokémon Go: Anniversary celebration – collector’s challenge solved, all information about the event!
Pokémon Go celebrates the fifth birthday since the game was released with a Anniversary celebration. In the course of the birthday party there is again a lot to do and our guide will help you to keep track!
What you need to know about the anniversary celebration in Pokémon Go:
When does the anniversary celebration in Pokémon Go take place?
Niantic is celebrating the fifth birthday of Pokémon Go for around a week and a half. The event starts on Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 at 10 a.m. and ends on Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 8 p.m..
Which Pokémon appear more often and what else happens?
On the one hand, diving in the wilderness Flampion and Flying Pikachu with a balloon in the shape of a 5th more often and if you’re lucky, you can do one too dazzling flampion to encounter.
The Pokémon Bulbasaur, Charmander, Schiggy, Endive, Fiery Hedgehog, Karnimani, Geckarbor, Flemmli, Hydropi, Chelast, Panflam, Plinfa, Serpifeu, Floink, Ottaro, Igamaro, Fynx and Froxy appear more often at Pokéstops with activated lure modules and as a reward for completed field research. Some of them, including Bulbasaur, Charmander, Schiggy, Geckarbor, Flemmli, Hydropi, Serpifeu, Floink and Ottaro, also appear more commonly in the wild.
You will encounter in raid battles of level 1 Flampion, Igamaro, Fynx, Froxy and Flying Pikachu with a balloon in the shape of a 5, also during the event you have the chance to get a shimmering meltan come, because they can come out of a wonder box during this period!
There are also gift stickers for the fifth anniversary and fireworks can be seen in the game. The new game mechanics, which should ensure realistic lighting conditions, are also introduced.
From next Monday, July 5th, 2021, at 10 p.m., you can also increase the capacity of the Item bag to 3,500 increase.
Last but not least, all lock modules (including the special ones) hold during the event for an hour.
Exclusive field research for the anniversary celebration in Pokémon Go
- Catch 5 Pokémon – Encounter with Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle
- Use 5 Berries when catching Pokémon – Encounter with Endive, Fiery Hedgehog or Karnimani
- Take 5 snapshots with Pokémon – encounter Geckarbor, Flemmli or Hydropi
- Land 5 great throws – encounter with Chelast, Panflam or Plinfa
- Send 5 gifts – meet Serpifeu, Floink or Ottaro
- Spin 5 Pokéstops or arenas – encounter Igamaro, Fynx or Froxy
- Earn 2 candies while walking with your buddy – 8 Poké Balls
This is how you solve the collector’s challenge of the anniversary celebration in Pokémon Go
There’s also a brand new Collector’s Challenge to mark the fifth birthday celebration in Pokémon Go. Read below how you solve it and what you get for it:
- Catch a copy of the following Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Endive, Fiery Hedgehog, Karnimani, Geckarbor, Flemmli, Hydropi, Chelast, Panflam, Plinfa, Serpifeu, Floink, Ottaro, Igamaro, Fynx, Froxy and Flying Pikachu
- Rewards: Encounter with Flying Pikachu, 80 Poké Balls, 8 special candies
There is something to celebrate.
Research on getting started in Pokémon Go solved
Do you have the special research Research to get you started not yet had, you can get it this year during the anniversary celebration.
You have to solve the following tasks:
Research to get started (1/6)
- Add a new friend – 5,000 XP
- Catch 3 Pokémon with Weather Boost – 5,000 XP
- Hatch an Egg – 5,000 XP
- Rewards: 2 lucky eggs, encounter with Dratini, 15,000 stardust
Research to get started (2/6)
- Earn one piece of candy while walking your buddy – 30 Dratini candies
- Take a snapshot with Dratini – 30 Dratini candies
- Develop a Dratini – 10,000 XP
- Rewards: 1 Premium Battle Pass, 15,000 Stardust, 2 Lucky Eggs
Research to get started (3/6)
- Perform 10 power-ups on Pokémon – 15,000 XP
- Fight another coach in the Super League – 15,000 XP
- Fight in a raid – 15,000 XP
- Rewards: 2 lucky eggs, 15,000 stardust, 2 star pieces
Research to get started (4/6)
- Catch 5 different types of Pokémon – Panflam encounter
- Catch a legendary Pokémon – encounter with Piplup
- Hatch 3 Eggs – Encounter with Chelast
- Rewards: 2 lucky eggs, encounter with dazzling Eevee, 15,000 XP
Research to get started (5/6)
- Take a snapshot with Eevee – 30,000 XP
- Send 5 gifts to friends – 30,000 XP
- Swap 3 Pokémon – 30,000 XP
- Rewards: encounter with Lapras, 30,000 XP, 2 lucky eggs
Research to get started (6/6)
- Add a new friend – 60 Dratini candies
- Win a level 3 or higher raid – 60 Dratini candies
- Develop a Dragonir – 100,000 XP
- Rewards: 2 lucky eggs, 100,000 XP, 15,000 stardust
More Pokémon Go tips:
Overview of all tips for Pokémon Go Raid and Ex-Raids
A table of strengths and weaknesses for all Pokémon in Pokémon Go