Pokémon GO: Pikachu with Santa’s hat – how and where to catch the special Pikachu this Christmas
Pokémon GO has been updated to add new Pokémon this December, but it has also included a Pikachu with a Santa Claus hat. Yes, it seems that Pikachu loves Christmas.
The Pikachu with Santa’s hat, also known as Holiday Pikachu or Christmas Pikachu, is available now, but like other promotional Pokémon, not for long. Here we will explain how to catch Pikachu with Santa’s hat, where to find it and if it keeps that cute little hat once it evolves.
Pikachu with Santa Claus hat – where to find it, how to catch it and until when is it available
The special Pikachu with Santa Claus hat will be available until December 29. It is not known at the moment if the hat will continue to appear after the event, but since Niantic qualifies this Pokémon as a “special edition”, it seems that it could be permanent, as a kind of collectible.
Other important things to know:
- Pikachu does keep the hat when it evolves into Raichu – has been confirmed by Reddit user cuincyboy, so we can also get a Christmas Raichu.
- Pikachu with a Santa Claus hat will appear in the Pikachu nests – as confirmed by Reddit user CharlieWild, so you can get plenty of Christmas Pikachu if you find a nest and act fast.
- Ditto won’t transform into Pikachu with Santa’s hat – as another Reddit user has confirmed again, this time Darkwolfie117. That means if you use Ditto to attack a gym with a Christmas Pikachu, it will only transform into a standard Pikachu.
- The Christmas Pikachu appears more frequently now – During the duration of this event, the Christmas Pikachu will appear more times, according to Niantic. We have found it near Poképaradas where we had never seen a Pikachu, a couple of hours after opening the application.
- Statistics remain the same – It costs the same amount of candy to evolve the Christmas Pikachu, and it has the same stats as a standard Pikachu. The hat is only an ornament!
Other Pokémon GO guides
Pokémon GO guide, tips and tricks
The best secrets to be a star coach.
Pokémon GO – New Pokémon of the second generation of the Johto region in Gold and Silver and how to get them
A list of the 80+ creatures that arrive in Gold, Silver and Crystal as part of the February update of Pokémon GO.
Pokémon GO – How to choose one of the three evolutions for Eevee
We tell you how to evolve Eevee to Jolteon, Flareon or Vaporeon.
Pokémon GO – How to order new gyms and poképaradas
Tired of living isolated from the world without poképaradas or gyms nearby? There’s a solution.
Pokémon GO – How to Find Nearby Pokémon and Catch Them Easily
Learn to locate creatures and the best way to capture them.
Pokémon GO – Everything we know about Pokémon Go Plus
What is it and how can you get one?
Pokémon GO – Team Courage, Instinct and Wisdom, which one is the best?
Is there an advantage to join one team and not another?
Pokémon GO – How to get the best Pokémon with the strongest attack, defense and HP
What is the best Pokémon in Pokémon GO?
Pokémon GO – What CPs Mean and How to Have the Strongest Team
How do you get the most out of your Pokémon? How do you get the best team?
Pokémon Go – Rewards for leveling up and how to unlock Potions, Revive, Superballs and Ultraballs
All the items and rewards that you unlock for earning experience points.
Pokémon GO – How to get Stardust easily to upgrade your Pokémon
The best way to get Stardust, from Eggs to Gyms.
Pokémon GO – How to catch Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Farfetch’d
Everything we know about the exclusive Pokémon of each region.
Pokémon GO – How to catch the rarest Pokémon
Which Pokémon is more elusive: Abra, Charmander, or Dratini?
Pokémon GO – How to catch Pokémon with throws Good, Cool, Excellent
We tell you the most effective way to catch your creatures.
Pokémon GO – Halloween Event: Get More Candy and Which Pokémon Appear More Frequently
Catch the most terrifying Pokémon and get many more candies.
So far this is all we have, but the update also includes second generation Pokémon, such as Togepi, Pichu, adult Togetic and more. On another page we tell you how to catch all the baby Pokémon of the second generation.