Pokémon Go – Unova Collection Challenge: How to complete the Unova Celebration Event Collection Challenge and Field Investigations
The Unova Collection Challenge is the first Collection Challenge to be launched in Pokemon go and it’s part of Unova Celebration Event.
The Collection Challenges They are a new type of Challenge in Pokémon Go that will ask you to capture a certain number of Pokémon related to the event they are part of. In the case of the Unova Collection Challenge, you will have to catch Generation 5 Pokémon.
There are several ways to get the Pokémon you need for the Unova Collection Challenge, including Raids, hatching Eggs, and completing Field Research Tasks exclusive to the Unova Celebration Event.
On this page you will find:
How the Unova Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
The Pokémon Go Collection Challenges launched in January 2021 and coincide with other in-game events. Each Collection Challenge asks you to catch a series of Pokémon that, thanks to the event, will appear more often in the wild.
Once you have completed the Collection Challenge by capturing all of them you will receive rewards: you will get various items and you will progress in your Elite Collector medal.
The Unova Collection Challenge coincides with the Unova Celebration Event – will be available from Tuesday, January 5 at 10 am (local time) to Sunday, January 10 at 8pm (local time).
Keep in mind that the Unova Collection Challenge will disappear forever when the event ends, so if you want the rewards you will have to keep an eye on the Pokémon you need.
The Collection Challenges can be found in the ‘Today’ section which you can access by pressing the Field Investigations button (the small binoculars at the bottom right) and moving to the screen on the left.
After accessing ‘Today’ you will see a list of all the Pokémon that you have to capture to complete the Collection Challenge. Catching a Pokémon in the Collection Challenge will bring up a completion mark on the list, so you can easily see which ones you are missing.
It’s important to note that evolving a Pokémon does not count towards the Collection Challenge: evolving a Lillipup into Herdier, for example, will not help you complete the Unova Collection Challenge.
List of Pokémon and rewards of the Unova Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
The Unova Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go requires you to catch nine original Pokémon from the Unova region (Black and White).
These Pokémon are:
- Rye rola
It is important to remember that you must catch all these Pokémon to complete the Unova Collection Challenge evolving a Lillipup into a Herdier will not count.
When you have captured all nine Pokémon, you will receive 3,000 Stardust, 25 PokéBalls, and 5 Rare Candies.
Tips for completing the Unova Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are several tips to help you complete the Unova Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go:
- Take advantage of the Pokémon Spotlight Hour on Tuesday, January 5, from 6pm to 7pm (local time) to remove Lillipup from the Unova Collection Challenge list.
- Don’t forget to use the incense to attract Pokémon to your location. Hopefully, you will see some of the Pokémon you need for the Unova Collection Challenge.
- Placing a Bait Module in a PokéStop is a good way to get Pokémon to come to you.
- Keep an eye out for Raids taking place near you, because Herdier will appear in 3-star raids and all Unova starter Pokémon (Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott) will appear in 1-star raids. Remember: Remote Raids are now possible.
- If you are having trouble finding Roggenrola, try to get and hatch some 5km Eggs because, during the Unova Celebration Event, this rock-type Pokémon will appear in eggs.
- Pokémon from the Unova Collection Challenge will appear as a reward for completing Field Research Tasks; you can see more about it in the next section.
Unova Celebration Event Field Research Tasks in Pokémon Go
During the Unova Celebration Event in Pokémon Go you can get exclusive Field Research by spinning PokéStops. These tasks can be completed after the end of the event if you already have them unlocked.
However, we recommend completing them during the event, because it will help you complete the Unova Collection Challenge.
These are the field research tasks for the Unova Celebration Event:
- Catch 5 Pokémon – reward: Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott
- Hatch 2 Eggs – reward: Ferroseed
- Use 5 Berries to help you catch Pokémon – reward: 1200 Stardust
- Use 3 Golden Frambu Berries to help you catch Pokémon – reward: 3500 Stardust
Thanks to Amiibofan101 from reddit for his help with the information.
Good luck completing the Unova Collection Challenge!