Usually a few times a day we are separated from our iPhone And although we know it a lot, due to the constant number of updates in iOS it is likely that we will never do it at all, or at least, without it taking us some time. Especially with the arrival of iOS 14, there are a couple of new functions, until today hidden, to make life a little easier.
iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14
Among the main things we can do with the iPhone, they have use the volume buttons to take pictures, manage apps between the Home Screen and Library and much more, as we will see below.
IOS 14 tricks that maybe you did not know
1. Jump between menu with one button
Usually you need to press and hold the “Back” button in iOS 14 in the upper left corner to go back to a previous menu, which after repeated times can become tedious.
However, it is simpler go back to any of the previous options with a single click. All you need to do is hold down the back button at the top left, and a small menu will appear with all the pages you can return to.
Navigating between the options menu can be very fast
2. Take burst photos and QuickTake video with the volume buttons
The ‘Volume Up and Volume Down’ buttons can be used to take photos in the Camera app. Whereas if you hold down the volume down key when using the Camera app, it will record a QuickTake video. The buttons can also use the “Volume Up” button to take pictures using the Burst function.
Taking photos without opening the camera is possible
This feature is not enabled by default, but can be modified through the following settings:
- Open the app Setting.
- Please select Camera.
- Active Use volume up for burst.
- Finally, you can go to Camera app and hold the volume up button to take burst photos.
3. Keep apps neatly saved
With iOS 14 Apple introduced a library of applications, in order to help classify applications to find them faster and have our favorites at the top.
iOS offers several options to manage our apps
This app library is also useful for hiding some apps from the Home Screen. Now you can finally have a minimalistic home screen without manually storing apps in folders or having recently downloaded apps go directly to the app library and not the home screen.
- Go to application Setting.
- Scroll down and tap on the Starting screen.
- In the Just downloaded apps section, choose ‘app library only’.
4. Set Gmail and Chrome as your default applications
Hereinafter, Mail and Safari may no longer be the default mail browser and apps on your iPhone. These can now be replaced by Gmail and Google Chrome, or any other app like your default mail and browser apps.
- Go to Setting.
- Scroll down to Applications and touch the desired Browser or Email application.
- I touched Default Mail App or Default Browser App.
- Change it to the application you want.
5. Make eye contact during a FaceTime call
You can stay in touch with a FaceTime call “naturally” with the “Eye Contact” feature and not worry about looking at the screen without meeting the other person’s eyes.
This function should be enabled by default, but it can be verified through the following process:
- Open the app Setting.
- Scroll down to FaceTime.
- Scroll down again and make sure Eye contact is activated.
Most of these functionalities are useful in our day to day with the iPhone. That’s why we invite you to review the settings and make sure you get the most out of them!