Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Amiibo use what you unlock with it and what is Fotopia
Animal Crossing: New Horizons offers you the opportunity to get your Animal Crossing Amiibo collection off the shelf.
With each of the amiibo belonging to the series you unlock something new and thus ensure, among other things, more life on your island.
Here we show you how and where you get the amiibo in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. We also deal with the new location Fotopia.
Unpack your amiibo.
Which Amiibo Animal Crossing: New Horizons supports
Animal Crossing: New Horizons supports three different types of amiibo, but not every single Animal Crossing amiibo – for example KK Slider – is supported at launch. Support for this will be added later.
The first type of amiibo New Horizons endorses is the Animal Crossing amiibo figures.
A total of 18 Animal Crossing amiibo have been released so far. Two of them, the resident and Melinda, were published in the Super Smash Bros series, the other 16, including Tom Nook, Käpten and Olli, are in the Animal Crossing series.
The second type of amiibo that New Horizons supports is the Animal Crossing amiibo cards.
This includes four series with a total of 400 Animal Crossing Amiibo cards – a lot! These cards range from animal residents like Jens and Grimm to special visitors like Reiner and Gulliver.
Five Animal Crossing promo cards have also been released. Here you can see the complete catalog of Animal Crossing Amiibo cards on the official website.
Last but not least, New Horizons also supports the Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo series. This set consists of 50 amiibo cards that were released along with the Amiibo support update for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
They brought with them 50 residents who haven’t been seen since Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing E +, including Stella, Arne, and Tilmann.
As part of a promotion with Sanrio, six special cards for this series have also been released.
Here you can find an overview of all cards in this series.
How and where to use the amiibo in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
To use your amiibo in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you have to go to the service center.
There you will find a machine with a green leaf on the side where you can use your amiibo.
Please note, however, that this option is not available from the start! The service center must first be expanded after three more residents have come to your island, which takes a few days. In addition, you must have built a campsite and received a first visitor there, only then can you invite new camping guests via amiibo!
Then interact with the device and place the selected amiibo figure or card on the controller’s NFC contact pad.
If you’re using a Joy-Con controller or the Nintendo Switch Lite, the NFC contact point is where the right controller stick is. On the Pro Controller, the NFC contact point is under the Nintendo Switch logo in the middle.
What will the amiibo unlock in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
On the one hand, it is possible to use the amiibo cards to invite residents to your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Use an amiibo card to invite the respective resident to the island.
To do this, you need to have an appropriately developed service center where the visitors can then stay.
You can then interact with them there.
And apparently you can then persuade these visitors to stay permanently on your island and to settle there.
You could get visitors to stay permanently.
For another, there is Fotopia, a special house on an island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
There you can use models of different residents for photo shoots. You can activate them either with Amiibo figures or cards on Fotopia.
As soon as you have unlocked them, you can equip the models with a variety of items of clothing, determine emotions, decorate the scene and, last but not least, take your photo.
Since certain cards can only be used later, it is currently difficult to say what can still be unlocked with them.
We’ll update this article as soon as something comes up.
More about the game features, settings and Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Back to the overview: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Solution, Tips and Tricks
Back to the topic page: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – General and game functions
- Like you with others Players can play together: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – play multiplayer, invite players
- So you can Invite players with dodo codes: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Invite strange players with dodo codes
- Like you yours The saved state is restored and transferred: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Restore and transfer your save game
- How Time travel work: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Time Travel and Punishments
- So you get Pocket Camp items: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Get items from Pocket Camp
- Like you Designs and QR Codes uses: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Designs and QR Codes
- The different Seasons of the Northern and Southern Hemisphere: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Seasons of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Suggestions for cool island names: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Island Name Ideas
- Like you Melinda gets: Unlock Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Melinda
- So you can Send gifts and cards: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Send cards and gifts
- Unofficial Secrets From New Horizons: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11 Amazing Things The Game Won’t Tell You
- How many residents your island can have: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Maximum number of inhabitants
- So you can Unlock all hairstyles and hair colors: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – The 8 Most Poppy, Coolest Hairstyles
- What you Nook miles and miles program bring: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nook miles, miles program and daily bonus miles