Far Cry 5 – The best benefits, how to unlock them and how to get advantage points
The upgrade system in Far Cry 5 was built around benefits and the use of advantage points. In this guide on the advantages of Far Cry 5, we will detail all the privileges available in the game, explain which are the best benefits and how to earn advantage points. Read on to find out more about this aspect of Far Cry 5.
For more information on Far Cry 5, check out our other guides below. In them, you will be able to find all the information about the characters that you will come across, the missions that you will have to perform and the places that you should explore.
Far Cry 5’s guides
Far Cry 5 – The best benefits, how to unlock them and how to get advantage points
Far Cry 5 – How to get X-burger, the bear, where it is located and Abilities
Far Cry 5 – How to Get Peaches, What’s Your Location and Skills
Far Cry 5 – How to Get Boomer, What’s Your Location and Skills
Far Cry 5 – Freeing and Destroying Places of Worship – Tips and Tricks for defeating Jacob, Faith and John
Far Cry 5 – Guide on Guns for Hire and how to unlock them
Far Cry 5 Vehicle Guide – Where to Find Airplanes and Helicopters, How to Buy Cars and Boats
Far Cry 5 Upgrades for Weapons and Explosives – Defeat a Lieutenant to obtain 4th weapon slot
Far Cry 5 Benefits Guide
In Far Cry 5, your character’s progression is determined by perks. There are 40 perks that you can unlock throughout the game, divided into four categories: Survival, Renegade, Assassin and Prep. There are also 10 perks related to Guns for Hire that you can recruit.
Far Cry 5 Survival Advantages
- Human Fish – 1 Point – You can swim faster and hold your breath longer. It also works in Far Cry Arcade.
- King of fishing – 4 Points – Fish will get tired faster. It also unlocks new types of flies that allow you to catch heavier fish.
- Repair the torch – 5 points – The torch repair is added to your utility wheel. Use it to open safes or to repair vehicles.
- King of the Jungle – 6 Points – Reduces damage from animal attacks. Predators prioritize your enemies over you. Fangs run less from you. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Mercado Negro – 6 Points – Handcrafted remote explosives, proximity explosives, molotovs, pipe bombs, sticky upgrades and special ammunition are now available in all stores.
- Harvest Master – 8 Points – Doubles the rewards you get from plants and animals.
- Increased health 1 – 6 Points – Maximum health is increased to 150%.
- Health Increase 2 – 7 Points – Maximum health is increased to 200% (requires previous privileges).
- Increased Health 3 – 8 Points – Maximum health is increased to 250% (requires previous privileges and a defeated lieutenant – Jacob, Faith or John).
- Health Increase 4 – 9 Points – Maximum health is increased to 300% (requires previous privileges).
Advantages of Renegado Far Cry 5
- Parachute – 1 Point – Unlock the parachute.
- Wingsuit – 4 Points – Unlocks the wingsuit. Use it to cover greater air distances (requires previous privileges).
- Fall through the air – 10 Points – Unlock the option that allows you to travel quickly to a location through a fall through the air (requires previous privileges).
- Bullets and Vehicles – 7 Points – bullets will do more damage to vehicles. Works especially well with armor-piercing ammunition. It also works in Far Cry Arcade.
- Pro Weapons – 6 Points – Reload, aim and exchange SMGs and shotguns faster. Balance and bullet are reduced. It also works in Far Cry Arcade.
- Heavy Weapons Master – 6 Points – Reload, aim and exchange LMGs, launchers and flamethrowers more quickly. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Automatic Repair – 6 Points – All vehicles you drive will be repaired automatically. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Rifle Domain – 7 Points – Reload, aim and exchange rifles and sniper rifles more quickly. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Saboteur – 7 Points – Approach the hood of a vehicle and set it on fire to make it explode in 10 seconds. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Traps – 7 Points – Approach the hood of a vehicle and blow it up in the next collision. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode (requires previous advantage).
Advantages of Assassin in Far Cry 5
- Hook – 1 Point – Unlock the hook tool, allowing you to use specific points to move around in the game world.
- Accurate Fingers – 4 Points – Faster to create items, sabotage or trap vehicles, disable alarms and open safes. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Silent Run – 4 Points – Move much faster while crouching. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Master Blaster – 5 Points – The components needed to create remote and proximity explosives are reduced by 50% (forces you to help Zip and Kupka Ranch in Holland Valley).
- Attack Domain – 6 points – Unlocks the chain, melee throws and side attacks. Increased removal radius.
- Primitive Domain – 6 Points – You can reload, aim and exchange bows and slings more quickly. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Close combat mastery – 6 points – Melee weapons are more resistant. Reload, aim and exchange melee pistols more quickly. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Locksmith – 6 Points – Stealthily opens safes and doors that do not require a key card.
- Kickback – 7 Points – Throw back projectiles or dynamite. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Ghost – 7 Points – Makes less noise when walking, running and landing. Fall damage is also reduced. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
Preparative Advantages Far Cry 5
- Close Combat Equipment Bag – 1 Point – Carries more ammo for pistols and melee weapons. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Jornada Pack – 7 Points – Load more items into your inventory, including up to 5 medical kits. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Ammo Bag – 8 Points – Loads more SMG and shotgun ammo. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Quiver – 8 Points – Loads more normal, incendiary and explosive arrows. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Rifle Ammo Bag – 9 Points – Loads more ammo from the .50cal rifle. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Bag Throwing Items – 9 Points – Load more explosives, knives and bait. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Special Ammo Bag – 9 Points – Carries more armor, incendiary ammunition and special ammunition for rocket launchers. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Heavy Ammo Bag – 9 Points – Loads more LMG ammo, flamethrowers, rocket launchers and grenade launchers. It also works in Far Cry Arcade mode.
- Additional holster – 8 Points – Load a third weapon of any type on your weapon wheel.
- Weapon Collector – 9 Points – Load a fourth weapon of any type in your weapon wheel (you will need to defeat one of the lieutenants – Faith, John or Jacob).
Advantages of Leader in Far Cry 5
The advantages of Leader in Far Cry 5 are related to the Guns for Hire system. Nine of these advantages relate to each Gun for Hire Specialist you can hire, reducing the time it takes for them to return to action after being injured. Each of these advantages costs 4 points. There is, however, a different but essential advantage.
- Leader – 6 Points – Unlock an additional space in your squad that allows you to play with two Guns for Hire in single player mode.
Best advantages in Far Cry 5
While it is fair to say that the best advantages in Far Cry 5 depend a lot on your personal style, there are some that you should unlock as soon as possible. We have listed the best advantages in Far Cry 5 below, so you can learn how you can spend your first advantage points.
:: Bloodshot Competition – We have 20 double invitations for the preview
When you start Far Cry 5, you will feel a little fragile; then, increasing health should be on your list of priorities. Definitely get Health Boost 1, and see if it’s working to decide whether to buy Health Boosts 2, 3 and 4.
For just one point, you can unlock the Parachute privilege in Far Cry 5. There are many high mountains in Far Cry 5, which means that this privilege will allow you to jump out of them without fear of dying.
Without this privilege, you will not be able to climb the cliff faces scattered throughout the game. Definitely buy this item as soon as possible as it costs just one point.
You may not want to play the game stealthily, but in some cases, it is the best option. Precise fingers make tasks like disabling alarms much simpler and faster.
Putting some bonus points in stealthy moves is a wise decision, and this faster movement speed, while crouching, will be very useful. Four points well spent.
Unlocking doors and safes without raising an alarm is a great skill in Far Cry. This will allow you to access certain places and get good rewards.
Getting a third weapon slot is vital if you don’t want to make the whole game worse using only the bow. Having to leave a very interesting weapon behind because you only have two spaces, in order to be able to carry a rocket launcher, is a pain that I advise you to avoid.
Once you have recruited more than one Gun For Hire, it is a good idea to unlock the Leadership pack. Having two friends by your side makes your battles a lot easier.
How to earn Advantage Points in Far Cry 5
Advantage points are essential if you want to improve your character in Far Cry 5, adding new skills and benefits. There are numerous ways to earn advantage points, which we detail below.
- Complete Challenges – Earn between 1 and 4 points for completing a challenge. Challenges are built around all aspects of Far Cry 5’s overall gameplay, including killing, hunting and fishing.
- Find Prepper Packs – These secret item hiding places give you lots of rewards, including a lot of Advantage Points. Use clues in the game world to find out where these locations are.
- Far Cry Arcade – The Advantage Points you earn in Far Cry Arcade can be used to purchase perks in the main Far Cry 5 campaign. Earn XP and level up in Far Cry Arcade to earn Advantage Points.
And we have finished our guide on the advantage points and skills present in Far Cry 5. Don’t forget to take a look at our other guides as we cover several aspects of the game that you may find very useful!