After the leak, Ubisoft announced, on Thursday (9), Ghost Recon Breakpoint, new entry of its iconic franchise, which has already completed two decades of existence. The title will be released for PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 4th. In a retrospective video for the series, the publisher promised to elevate the tactical element of the third-person open world shooter.
The game will take place on a Pacific island: Auroa. The idea is to offer a greater variety to “contribute to the tactical aspect” of the franchise on pillars such as “defense, attack and strategy”, besides, of course, a lot of action. And more:
- Four classes will be available at launch, each with different weapons and skills;
- IA has been improved and can completely change the coordination of enemies on the screen;
- Focus on being more realistic: the damage you take can modify the aiming and movement behavior and you will have to “adapt”;
- Exploration it will happen on land and in the air, with several vehicles;
- PvP mode it will also be available at launch;
- Shared campaign, playable on the ground or up to 4 people;
- Every 4 months, Ghost Recon Breakpoint will have a great expansion;
- The game is linked to the expansion “Operation Oracle”, the most recent of Wildlands, which brought the actor Jon Bernthal. He comes back at Breakpoint and will be the villain;
- The game will have a strong technological approach and it will show a scenario in which the government “failed”, giving way to a threatening faction that wants to deploy its own apocalypse.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint was announced in two videos: one with a generous dose of realistic gameplay and the other as a cinematic launch trailer. Check them out below and let us know what you think in the comments!