Heroes details and new Death Star DLC trailer for Star Wars: Battlefront
With Chewbacca and Bossk, the upcoming Death Star DLC for Star Wars: Battlefront contains two new expansions.
DICE has now revealed detailed details about both. For example, Chewbacca is not as fast as other Rebel Heroes, but its damage absorption is higher. His crossbow is more powerful than the Soldier Star Map and only fires one explosive bolt.
Below you can read the details about his abilities:
- Feature: raging fire – Chewbacca’s trait is directly related to his famous weapon. For each trait level he fires an additional explosive bolt, up to a maximum of four. Combined with his multi-bolt ability, that means a total of eight destructive bolts per shot. On the side of the rebels, “Raging Fire” is causing the “destruction” we were talking about – with great area damage that this group has never seen before.
- Multi-bolt – The “Multi-Bolt” ability briefly doubles the number of bolts per shot that Chewbacca fires. It complements its characteristic and should be used at the appropriate moment for maximum impact. Chewbacca’s crossbow is so associated with this character that we decided to put it at the center of his skill set in the game. It’s also the first ability and weapon that allows you to customize the damage range, and we’re excited to see how players use it.
- Mighty roar – Chewbacca can improve himself and all allies around him on the battlefield. With a mighty roar, he inspires rebel soldiers and grants them the level 3 berserk effect and very strong armor for a limited time. For Chewbacca himself, the roar increases armor and damage. Inspired heroes get the armor effect but not the damage increase. Chewbacca is a loyal partner, a companion that one could only wish for in battle. That should also flow into one of his skills. Just as Leia’s leadership qualities are reflected in her use of the honor guard, Chewbacca’s roar boosts the troops’ morale and grants nearby rebel troops a new impetus in their struggle against the Empire.
- Precipitation – Chewbacca demonstrates his strength by hitting the ground and dealing damage to all enemies in a large radius. We wanted to show how strong Chewbacca is, but also compensate for his slow pace. This ability increases his range and thus the area in which he can act effectively. Plus, we didn’t have a similar area damage ability in the game, so it was the perfect opportunity to do that.
Bossk, on the other hand, has more stamina in battle than most other fighters. He uses his classic Relby-V10 as a weapon, but it has more penetration than the normal soldier version.
His special abilities are as follows:
- Feature: Trandoshan regeneration – Bossk regenerates a percentage of his health with every soldier kill or high damage against a hero. The regenerated health increases with the trait level. Of course, a Trandoshan needs a regenerative power! Bossk should feel like an opponent that you just can’t get rid of, that you have to give the rest to take him out of the game or he’ll come back and attack again. The trait forces Bossk to hunt down enemy soldiers to regenerate his health. Fortunately, his predatory instinct allows him to find targets and continue the fight.
- Micro grenades – Bossk can switch his Relby-V10 to micro grenade mode. Each shot fires a micro-explosive device that detonates after a short time. The grenades also explode when they come into contact with an enemy. As I said, both heroes were about destruction, and Bossk was supposed to create fear and terror in battle. His versatile weapon enables him to take down enemy groups, and he can make heroes flee in a panic. The cooldown is quite long, but that’s when you use your predatory instincts.
- Predatory instinct – Bossk can improve his hunting skills at will. When this ability is active, Bossk has thermal vision, shorter cooldowns, increased damage, and increased sprint speed. Bossk should feel like a predator, a hunter. The snake-like heat face is a lot of fun, but has the disadvantage that rebels and Imperial troops are more difficult to tell apart. So we decided that, unlike Chewbacca, who supports his friends, Bossk only improves himself while his vision is active. Bossk only benefits himself, which is at the expense of the team unit, in contrast to the inspiring roar of the noble Chewbacca. This ability is the first in the game with no cooldown, so you decide when to use it and when not to. We believe that this will give Bossk a lot more character and versatility.
- Toxic escape – When Bossk uses his Toxic Escape, he will jump in the direction of movement and drop a highly toxic Dioxis grenade where he was just now. Bossk’s last ability is a really nasty weapon: the dioxis grenade. Its dioxis is much stronger and larger than any previous grenade. We wanted to give him an opportunity to escape from threatening situations. But of course that’s not enough for Bossk, he also has to make sure that nobody can follow him.