Horizon Zero Dawn: Patch 1.03 on PC fixes additional crash issues
- Patch 1.03 is now available
- Fixes among other things crashes and a memory leak
- Further problems are being worked on
Guerrilla Games today released patch 1.03 for the PC version of Horizon: Zero Dawn.
This takes care of various issues plaguing the game, including various causes of crashes and a GPU memory leak.
That being said, there are still a few known issues the studio is working on. When optimizing the game, some players get an “out of memory” error message, others have graphics problems with incorrectly functioning anisotropic filtering or HDR.
And even with “specific GPUs or hardware configurations” there could be performance problems.
Horizon: Zero Dawn PC – Version 1.03 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes:
- Fixed a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed a GPU hang that caused a crash that could occur when Asynchronous Compute was used.
- Fixed a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sound obstruction was calculated in highly detailed areas.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when moving the game to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed a GPU hang that would occur when the window was resized to a very small size.
- Fixed a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
- Fixed an issue where snow deformation was not working correctly in the Frozen Wilds area.
- Fixed an issue where the concentration skill could stop working.
- 4K Scaling – Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot.
- Frame Rate Limiter – Improved Frame Rate Limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization – Localized specific error messages.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks if Windows 10 Build 1809 or above is used (lower versions cause instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Spec Warning – Improved minimum spec warning message and options.
- Saving Issue Warning – Clarified text that is displayed when you do not have access to your My document folder or enough disk space.
- Player Profile Validation – The player profile is now validated and corrupt profiles (caused by manual editing or tweak tools) rejected.
Few more crash problems.