[HOT] : 2K ended up revealing NBA 2K22
NBA 2K22 will be released on September 10 on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series and PC, Luka Dončić, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Candace Parker and Rui Hachimura on the covers
2K ended up revealing NBA 2K22, the release of which is set worldwide at 10 September next on all current and new generation media: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series and PC. The first promotional videos were revealed with the addition of a presentation of the covers of the different editions in which several athletes will appear.
For the standard edition, 2K has therefore chosen Wound Doncic, a real phenomenon in the world and a double All-Star of the NBA. It also appears on the Cross-Gen digital pack with another illustration. Next, on the 75th anniversary edition of the NBA, three major players are represented: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki et Kevin Durant. Exclusively in the United States, a special version of the Standard Edition will be offered with the cover Candance Parker, star of Chicago Sky, WNBA champion and 6-time WNBA All Star. For 2K, although this version is not offered in the rest of the world, the fact of representing an athlete for the first time in the series is an important step since it will allow to highlight women in the game. 2K will therefore continue. certainly to do so for the next episodes, and we can only hope that this is also the case globally. Finally, in Japan it will be possible to purchase another exclusive special version of the Standard Edition. The player Rui Hachimura the Washington Wizards, who was the first Japanese player to reach the NBA Playoffs, will be represented.
Pre-orders have already started via the official website of the series, including in France, at this address. Here are all the known details about each edition:
- Standard edition will be available for € 69.99 on previous platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC) and € 74.99 on new generation consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S)
- The Cross-Gen digital pack will be available for € 84.99 and will allow players to access the Standard Edition on older and newer generations of the same PlayStation and Xbox console families
- NBA Edition 2K22 75th Anniversary NBA will be available for € 99.99 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Nintendo Switch and PC. Dual-gen access is included for the Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and the NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for the PS4 / PS5 and Xbox One / Xbox Series X | S platforms and provides one version of the game on each console generation within the same family of consoles. The NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for Nintendo Switch will only be available digitally in the EMEA region.
- The visual of the special American version of the standard edition with Candance Parker
- Rui Hachimura, which will feature on the Japanese special version of the Standard Edition
On the occasion of his big performance on the cover of the standard version set on the Cross-Gen Pack, Dončić said: “Being on the cover of NBA 2K22 is special for me. I am proud to represent my country in a special jacket that honors the colors of the Slovenian flag. Basketball has given me so much, and I’m excited to return the favor and collaborate with 2K Foundations this year to help the lives of young children around the world. A special video presenting the athlete and behind the scenes of his MoCap session was broadcast:
2K also featured the three athletes of the 75th Anniversary Edition of the NBA:
- Hall of Famer, six-time NBA champion and six-time MVP, NBA all-time top scorer, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a legend who still influences basketball today, from his patented Skyhook to his activism on social issues;
- 14-time All-Star NBA Champion and MVP Dirk Nowitzki embodies not only the global expansion of basketball, but also the evolution of the game itself, as the prototype of the sharp-shooting “big man”;
- Kevin Durant, 11-time All-Star, League MVP and two-time NBA Champion, a legend in his own right and known for his unique presence in the league, appears for the third time as an NBA 2K cover athlete.
Note that the visual for the 75th anniversary edition was created by the famous artist Charly Palmer from Atlanta. For 2K, his work is defined by complex compositions with unique style and technique. The company also states that Palmer’s work is currently on display in the United States, where he was recently recognized for his “Civil Rights” series of works and his “America Must Change” compositions. He also made the cover of TIME magazine in July 2020.
Alfie Brody, Vice President of Global Marketing Strategy for NBA 2K, commented on Palmer’s involvement: “The cover of NBA 2K has always been a driving force behind storytelling and a way to demonstrate the diversity of unique stories. athletes. The culture around basketball is in turmoil and transcends borders. This year, we want to show this global diversity through the incredible and unique artistic work of Charly. “
2K plans to communicate the next information on NBA 2K22 in the coming days with a focus on “first look at content, soundtrack, live service updates and much more” via its Twitter, Facebook, YouTube accounts, Instagram and TikTok. Finally, you should know that the game is still developed by Visual Concepts.