[HOT] : macOS Big Sur: Apple fixed the scanner bug
Good news, Apple has just fixed the scanners bug under macOS Big Sur, which it had also recognized in an assistance document and had announced that it would soon remedy it. let’s remember that some macOS Big Sur users might encounter it when using a scanner with a Mac, but also in Image transfer, Preview but also in the preferences of their printers / scanners.
A screenshot of the message of HP error
The user received a message to contact the network administrator for assistance, or indicated that the Mac was unable to establish a connection to the device. Many affected users had also opened topics in the forums of Apple, Reddit, or the HP support.
Apple had recognized the problem, via a software update. In the meantime, she had provided step-by-step instructions on how to temporarily resolve the latter:
* Quit all open applications.
* Finder> Go> Go to folder.
* Type / Library / Image Capture / Devices, then press Return.
* In the window that opens, double-click on the application named in the error message (nothing happens but it’s normal)
* Close the window and open the application to perform a scan.