The new version of the Apple Watch operating system arrived several days ago at Apple’s WWDC20, and for the first time Apple has given the option to install the public beta of watchOS for all users. Normally these betas were exclusive to developers, but now you can install it on your Apple Watch without major problems.
The new watchOS 7 arrives with new dials, a sleep mode and a mode to wash our hands. This is a major update with more news than we have seen in other years for the Apple Watch.
Install the watchOS 7 public beta on your Apple Watch
While with other operating systems there is always going back by restoring our devices, with watchOS not. That is, we will not be able to go back once we install watchOS 7. But that’s not all, you must also have iOS 14 installed on your iPhone to be able to install it.
The truth is that watchOS is the least recommended system to install, and you must take many things into account since you will not be able to return to a stable version such as watchOS 6.
- watchOS is special, and you must have iOS 14 installed on your iPhone before you can install watchOS 7.
- Check that you have an Apple Watch compatible with watchOS 7, here you have the complete list.
- Make a backup before installing the watchOS 7 public beta.
- You will not be able to return to watchOS 6So you’ll need to stay on watchOS 7, and iOS 14, until its release in September.
- Some applications might malfunction, it is not known which exactly.
- Battery lasts less in betas, it may be a little or a lot, but the battery life is less.
- Your Apple Watch may slow down, warm up or restart.
It may interest you | The 6 best features of watchOS 7
How to install the watchOS 7 public beta
The installation of watchOS is quite simple, although we must use the iPhone that we have synchronized to be able to do so. If you have already read our recommendations, just follow these steps:
- The first thing you should do is install iOS 14 on your iPhone, otherwise watchOS 7 won’t be able to install.
- Now you must enter the Apple website from the iPhone to test public betas.
- Click on Sing up below.
- Us we identify with our Apple IDIf we don’t have an ID to test the betas, we create one.
- We select the operating system we want to install, in this case iOS 14.
- We go down to «Get Started» and click on enroll your Apple Watch.
- Click on Download Profile.
- The iPhone will ask you on which device you want to install the profile and you choose the Apple Watch.
- Now you just have to go to the iPhone Watch app Software update.
- Will appear to you watchOS 7 beta to download.
The installation of watchOS 7 beta is quite quick and easy, but keep in mind everything we have told you since you will not be able to return to watchOS 6.
- How to install the iOS 14 public beta on your iPhone.
- How to install the iPadOS 14 public beta on your iPad.