Instagram is no less than 10 years old today. What was born as an exclusive photography app for iOS has become a leading social network, and has prepared a surprise for its users.
Now you have a secret way to celebrate this 10th anniversary with a hidden function that allows us to change the icon of the application. We have the 4 official icons that the app has had, and another 9 more icons to choose from. By changing the icon, on our home screen we will see the one we have chosen.
How to change the Instagram icon with this Easter Egg
For a few weeks it had been rumored about this possibility, and now Instagram has introduced it as an improvement from its last update for its 10th anniversary. These are the steps you must follow:
- Enter the App Store and verify that Instagram is up to date to the latest version.
- Now open Instagram and click on the bottom right of your user profile.
- At the top right click on the 3 stripes and then in Settings.
- Swipe down and you will see in the upper area several celebration emojis.
- If you slide to the gift it will look like confetti on the screen and you will enter a new secret menu.
- From here you could select the icon that you like the most.
The new Instagram icons for their 10th anniversary! 🎉 pic.twitter.com/wzihYVlVsL
– Angel Roca (@ angelr191) October 6, 2020
These are the new icons that we can put on Instagram:
- Classic 2, appeared in August 2011.
- Classic, the icon that the app had since October 27, 2010.
- Original, the icon of the original app launched on October 6, 2010.
- Code name, icon for developers of the original app.
- Of course.
- Very dark.
A very original way to change instagram iconNow that anyone can put the icons they want in the iOS apps, Instagram allows us a pretty cool customization.