You can no longer doubt the severity of COVID-19 that is forcing extraordinary measures around the world. From sporting events to meetings and cancellation of classes, the main recommendation is to try stay home and avoid crowds and Pokémon GO has made an important decision.
Every month Pokémon GO celebrates Community Days, a day dedicated to its users where we have a protagonist Pokémon and many rewards that we can achieve if we go out to play. Abra was the Pokémon of choice but it has been decided, and for good reason, delay this day to avoid meetings of coaches and possible infections by the coronavirus.
But that’s not all, as they have also been announced a series of measures to try to make the game more attractive even if you play alone.
On in-game events: Abra Community Day https://t.co/rBRJIjXNeP #PokemonGOCommunityDay pic.twitter.com/ZvicSlddJU
– Pokémon GO Spain (@PokemonGOespana) March 13, 2020
Pokémon GO also wants to avoid infections
These measures are intended to prevent trainers from playing Pokémon GO as it was originally intended: with other friends and in the community. Not the best time to go outside and meet with other people and that is why the special Community Day event has been postponed and these measures have also been taken:
- There is a new pack of 30 incenses for a PokéCoin. Incense, a special in-game item that attracts wild Pokémon, will also last for an hour each, instead of the usual 30 minutes.
- The incubation distance of the eggs during this time period has been cut in half.
- The PokeStops gifts appear before.
- More Pokémon in the wild and their habitats are expanding.
Is about very interesting and welcome measurements that can avoid contagion at this delicate moment and from here we applaud, new ways of playing Pokémon GO may continue to arrive soon.