Very little is missing from the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 , which is about to arrive on Xbox One and PS4 accompanied by a mass of expectations that are hardly compared in the history of video games.
The game, as per Rockstar tradition, promises very well and the trailers published by the developer so far have been able to unleash the hype of the fans. So if you have probably already learned a lot about Rockstar’s new creature, in this article we have collected and will continue to collect everything we know about the game, so that we can keep you informed on every little detail regarding Red Dead Redemption 2, before. of its release.
Here you will find the details on the release date of Red Dead Redemption 2, the rumors about a possible release of a PC version, you can take a look in advance at the map of Red Dead Redemption 2 leaked on the net, watch the latest trailers , get acquainted of the characters and settings of the game.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – release date, price and other information
The release date of Red Dead Redemption 2 has finally been announced, which will be available starting October 26, 2018 for PS4 and Xbox One.
At first the title was supposed to be released in the fall of 2017, but the launch window was later postponed to spring 2018. This date too was postponed and the game was finally announced for the end of 2018.
Red Dead Redemption 2, like most triple A for consoles, will officially cost € 69.99 at launch and it is already possible to pre-order it for PS4 and Xbox One.
Regarding the postponements of the release date, Rockstar said: “We apologize for the delay. We were hoping to be able to release the game sooner, but we needed a little more time to fix everything.”
“We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you can play the game you will agree with us that the wait was worth it. In the meantime, check out these images. We can’t wait to share. more information with you in the near future. “
Here are some beautiful images of Red Dead Redemption 2 published by Rockstar:
Unfortunately for PC gamers, Rockstar hasn’t hinted at a possible launch of the game on this platform. The first Red Dead Redemption never made it to PC (although you could play it with a PlayStation Now subscription), but given the success of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar’s choice remains somewhat inexplicable.
However, Rockstar could follow the strategy adopted with GTA, that of releasing the PC version following the launch of those for consoles.
I primi due trailer di Red Dead Redemption 2
After making an appointment with all the fans, Rockstar has finally released a full-bodied trailer of the history of Red Dead Redemption 2, which confirms many of the theories circulated in recent months. The sequel will actually be a prequel, and will tell the story involving the infamous Dutch gang, which included John Marston, the protagonist of the first chapter.
Many thought that a young John could return in the new Rockstar western, which instead will focus on the story of Arthur Morgan, one of the members of the gang in the period in which it was most active, when the gang of criminals led by Van Der Linde it was rampant with robberies, murders and all kinds of violence.
Below you can admire the beautiful Official Trailer # 2 of Red Dead Redemption 2 and get to know the new protagonist, Arthur Morgan!
Before this trailer, however, Rockstar announced the development of the game with a short announcement video, which showed some breathtaking settings that will be the backdrop to Morgan’s story. From the video it was not possible to draw new information on Red Dead Redemption 2, but it is useful to feast your eyes and get a taste of the beautiful landscapes that we will visit in the game.
The third trailer of Red Dead Redemption 2 and the proof of the specialized press
In the first days of May, Rockstar returned to talk about Red Dead Redemption 2, releasing a new trailer that anticipated a test session played by the press that revealed many details about the game.
The first, new information that we can draw on this sequel is offered to us by the opening of the new trailer. We are in fact explained that Red Dead Redemption 2 will take place in 1899, 12 years before the events of John Marston of the first chapter. An era during which the “west has been almost entirely tamed”, and “gunslingers and outlaws begin to turn into myths.”
Precisely for this Dutch and his gang, which includes the protagonist Arthur Morgan, try to forcefully oppose the growing civilization of wild America. From what was leaked during the demo shown to the press (source IGN), the role of the gang will be central in the game and many of the missions that we will be called to face will focus on obtaining resources and food for its members.
Within the field we will be able to chat and interact with the numerous villains in the pay of van der Linde, a real big family that will characterize most of the dynamics of Red Dead Redemption 2. Just the renewed artificial intelligence and the new possibilities from the point of view of the interaction will make the boundary between main and secondary missions extremely blurred. We will be able to influence the course of some quests by adopting a different approach towards the many NPCs that populate the game world.
Of course, there will be no multiple choice dialogues, but we will be able to choose which approach to adopt between a friendly one or a more aggressive one. Or we can let our actions speak directly: gestures such as drawing the gun and pointing it at someone, firing a shot in the air or punching an NPC will have tangible consequences, which will often change the course of a mission.
As for the gameplay, it seems that Red Dead Redemption 2 will largely follow the tracks excavated by the other Rockstar productions, but offering some interesting news. Dead Eye will return, and the revolvers in Morgan’s hand will not fire at the push of a button, but when it is released. The developers haven’t shown the in-depth shootings yet so let’s talk about preliminary details, with a promise to update this article when you hear more. In the meantime, enjoy the new trailer we talked about at the beginning of the paragraph, which you can find at the bottom.
Rockstar shows Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay for the first time and talks about its new features
Just under three months after its release, on August 9, Rockstar showed Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay for the first time, with a 6-minute video that introduced the game world, characters and new features of Red Dead Redemption 2. this second, awaited chapter.
The video opens with a brief introduction to the game’s plot, which as we already knew will allow us to play Arthur Morgan in the years in which the American frontier is being tamed by the orderly civilized society, an era in which small border outposts are transformed. quickly in large and populated cities.
The commentary on the video initially focuses on the game world, one of the aspects most emphasized by the developers during the press test that we talked about in the previous paragraph. The world of Red Dead Redemption 2 is defined as “alive”, the largest and most complex ever made by Rockstar. It will include a wide range of classic American biomes, from the dry frontier desert to the snowy and forested slopes of mountain resorts, to muddy swamps and endless grasslands.
But the world will not only be more beautiful and drastically much more diverse, it will also be extremely alive, giving players more opportunities to make their mark on other characters, animals and the environment even without drawing the weapon. Arthur Morgan can converse with virtually any NPC he meets along his way, having a handful of options to turn each encounter into what we want.
For example, Arthur can slow down a passing stagecoach, distract the driver or ask for a ride to the nearest town, or even rob it. An agent could order Arthur to leave, before drawing the weapon and starting a shooting. Arthur could threaten the witness with a crime to prevent him from reporting the incident to the law, but also rob him. All conversations take place in the game world itself, not via static menus or tree structure dialogues.
This system gave the impression of being very dynamic, as the options for approaching NPCs are visible in the lower right of the screen and do not spoil the player’s immersion in any way. By pressing the corresponding button Morgan will assume a different attitude, without the action being interrupted by static multiple choice dialogues.
Arthur will not be a partially reformed criminal like Marston was in the first Red Dead Redemption, so we won’t have a moral code to comply with. It will be up to the player to decide Morgan’s role in society, bearing in mind that his honor rating will be affected by every single action. Arthur’s behavior will produce tangible consequences in the game world, and in the gameplay video we can get a taste of it.
The sequences of the video then focus on weapons, with extremely realistic functioning but still pleasant to use, and on horses, faithful companions in every adventure on the frontier. Weapons will play a fundamental role in the game, even if they will not be the only tool to approach the world and its NPCs. Horses have been revolutionized, and they will never be so important: wanting to increase the realism of the experience, the developers have made sure that our mount will be the only way to transport the freshly hunted game, or to put all those in special pockets. weapons Morgan cannot carry.
The Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer
A little over a week after the launch of Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar has released what is in all likelihood the latest trailer for the game, before its release. Anticipated as usual by the developers the day before the release, the launch trailer avoids focusing on the gameplay as the previous videos did, but rather chooses to deepen the plot with some truly explosive unreleased sequences.
The dimensions of Red Dead Redemption 2: how long and how much does the game weigh?
Thanks to an interview that Dan Houser, co-founder of Rockstar Games, granted to the Vulture portal, we learned new and interesting details about the duration of Red Dead Redemption 2, which as we could expect will keep us busy for dozens and dozens of hours. .
In fact, Houser reveals that according to the first estimates carried out by the study, the game will last about 65 hours , even if the different style of play of some users could reduce or increase this number. Curiously, Houser and the other team members had to eliminate some material that would have lengthened the duration of the title, as some content such as a romantic subplot and a mission to the train could have seemed superfluous in the eyes of the players.
Wanting to get an idea of the size of Red Dead Redemption 2, here are some numbers revealed by Houser:
- 300,000 different animations.
- 500,000 lines of dialogue.
- The script for the main storyline alone is 2000 pages long.
- 1200 actors participated in motion capture and 700 also recorded dialogue.
Speaking instead of the tangible dimensions of the game, we finally know how much space will be needed on the Xbox One and PS4 hard disk to install Red Dead Redemption 2. Two weeks after the launch, the online stores of Sony and Microsoft have reported the size of the title, which they were later made official by Rockstar itself.
While Xbox One requires 107GB of available space, on PS4 players will need to free up to 150GB from their hard drives to install the game. Here are the dimensions of Red Dead Redemption 2 in detail.
- Xbox One : 107 GB available.
- PS4 : 99 days available.
- Xbox One : 107 GB available.
- PS4 : 99 GB plus another 50 GB available for the installation process.
Collector’s, Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Editions and Preorder Bonuses
A few months after the game’s arrival on the shelves, Rockstar has finally revealed the details of the many special editions in which Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available. We will be able to purchase three different editions, with the first of these offering substantial bonuses for the campaign while the second, in addition to including the contents of the first, will guarantee lots of exclusive content for multiplayer. Finally, the third is a spectacular collector’s edition that includes numerous physical objects very precious for true Red Dead Redemption fans. Here are the details on the contents of the Special Edition, the Ultimate Edition and the Collector’s Box Edition, the latter which will not include the base game.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – Special Edition:
- Bank Robbery and Story Hideout Missions : Gain exclusive access to a Bank Robbery mission, in which Arthur and a couple of his gang members come up with a daring plan to break into the bank of Rhodes, a small town in the south of the country, and rob it . Meanwhile, the Del Lobo gang has taken over a ranch. Eliminate the gang and steal their secret treasure.
- English Thoroughbred, Black Pomellat o: With exceptional speed and acceleration, this English Thoroughbred racehorse with black pomellated coat will keep you at the head of the pack. You will also receive the Sella del Nuevo Paraiso, handcrafted in dark chocolate leather and with silver decorations. The horse and saddle are available in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story.
- Bonus Talisman and Amulet : These special Story items will lend a hand to Arthur whenever he decides to equip them. By pinning the Eagle Claw Talisman to his boot, Arthur will make his environmental awareness last longer. Carrying the Iguana Scale with him in the Saddlebag, on the other hand, will suffer less damage when he is in the saddle.
- Upgrades, Bonus Money and Discounts : A series of upgrades, bonuses and discounts that will help Arthur survive in the outdoors and more easily provide for the needs of his gang and their camp. The Core upgrade increases Arthur’s Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye Cores. The robberies with the Van der Linde gang will yield more, as will the sale of animal carcasses. Receive discounts on all Van der Linde gang camp upgrades.
- Nuevo Paraiso Gunfighter Outfits: Arthur’s unique Story Mode outfits, inspired by those of the vaqueros and banditos south of the border. Outfits include a wide-brimmed black cowboy hat, dark indigo overcoat, worn denim trouser covers, leather gloves and boots.
- Free Access to Additional Weapons : A good variety of weapons at your disposal is essential for survival in the Old West. Get free access to three weapons available from Gunsmiths throughout History: the rugged Volcanic pistol, the devastating Shotgun, and the versatile Lancaster Varmint Shotgun.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – Ultimate Edition:
- Includes all Special Edition content for Story Mode
- Bonus Outfits: Get two exclusive bonus outfits for your online character. Blackrose’s Bounty Hunter Outfits include a long dark red overcoat, gold pocket watch vest, and dark pants tucked into chocolate brown leather boots. Copperhead’s Men’s Law Suits include a fur-lined brown leather waistcoat, two-tone gloves, and pinstripe black pants tucked into black leather boots.
- English Thoroughbred, Black Chestnut : Feed your opponents in the dust with this purebred racehorse with a gorgeous black chestnut coat and receive the exclusive High Plains Cutting Saddle, carefully crafted in black leather and gold trim. The horse and saddle are available in the online game.
- Free access to the Survivors for the camp theme : customize your camp in the online game with the Survivors theme.
- Free Access to Additional Weapons : Gain access to the Volcanic Pistol, Shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint Shotgun, available for free from Gunsmiths in the online game.
- Rank Bonuses : All Ultimate Edition players will be able to rank up faster in online play, up to Rank 25.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – Collector’s Box:
- Metal fund box with key and lock : Inspired by the safe used by the Van der Linde gang to hold contributions to support the camp, this sturdy metal box includes a lock with its own key and is decorated with black metal bands and an engraved plaque of Cornwall Freight & Commodities.
- Collector’s Tag: Decorated with an engraving of the majestic American bison on one face and a suggestive panorama on the other, this golden tag is equipped with a magnetic holder to be able to display it with an engraved black plate, which describes the history of this species in risk of extinction.
- Double-Sided Puzzle : This 100-piece wooden double-sided puzzle features an illustration of the bustling port of Saint Denis on one side, a classic version of the Rockstar Games logo on the other.
- Gun Bandana : A must-have accessory for any frontier outlaw, this bandana is inspired by a classic paisley decoration that hides a recurring weapon motif.
- Treasure Map : Printed on heavy-duty, impossible-to-tear paper, this unique treasure map reveals the location of some buried treasures that can launch Arthur in search of other hidden riches in the Red Dead Redemption 2 game world.
- Pin Set : This collection of six distinct pins includes depictions of some of Red Dead Redemption 2’s most famous weapons, including a shotgun, revolver and the Dead Eye “X” gauge. This item is protected by a canvas bag for transport.
- Playing Cards: Celebrate the outlaws of the Van der Linde gang with this deck of illustrated playing cards, featuring key gang members including: Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Javier Escuella, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde.
- Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalog : For shopping for everything from weapons to clothing, the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. catalog is an essential resource for anyone looking to shop at the turn of the century. This complete 150-page book is the replica of the edition found in stores in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- 12 Cigarette Stickers : These richly illustrated collectible stickers can be found in the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. This physical collection includes one figurine selected from series such as Famous Gunmen and Outlaws, Stars of the Stage and Prodigies of Transport and Locomotion.
Finally, Rockstar has also revealed the pre-order bonuses of all three editions that will allow you to receive additional additional in-game content. All Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-orders include these two additions to Story Mode:
In addition to the War Horse and Outlaw’s Survival Kit, digital reservations made on PlayStation Store and Xbox Store will earn the following additional rewards:
- Bonus Money for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story : Van der Linde’s gang is always looking for ways to get more cash and other supplies. With this bonus sum Arthur Morgan will be able to purchase a weapon, ammunition, food and various useful items.
- Treasure Map : The world of Red Dead Redemption 2 hides buried treasures. This unique treasure map for Story Mode allows Arthur to get off to a good start in the search for these hidden riches. Reservations must be made by 31 July 2018.
Regardless of which version you choose, anyone who makes a digital pre-order on PlayStation Store or Xbox Store will receive free GTA $ in their Maze Bank account in GTA Online:
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Standard Edition digital pre-order: GTA $ 500,000
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition Digital Pre-Order: GTA $ 1,000,000
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition Digital Pre-Order: GTA $ 2,000,000
The map and new game modes of Red Dead Redemption 2
Fortunately, there is some other information beyond that confirmed by the trailer. A couple of these have leaked into the ether, such as a map that could show the game world of Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time. Fans around the world have enjoyed making tons of theories about this map, and some information has emerged that could be very interesting.
Here is the original map that appeared on the internet. Click to view a larger version. Here is a fan-made version with the Red Dead Redemption map embedded for context. John Marston younger.
- Will New Orleans be rebuilt? – on the map we can see an area called New Bordeaux, and it is positioned where New Orleans is in real life. 2K Games, publisher of Red Dead Redemption 2, released Mafia 3 in 2016, which takes place in a fictional version of New Orleans, called New Bordeaux.
- There will be many places to visit – cities, fields, hiding places, landscapes, ranches, activities to rob, caves and even prisons are marked on the map. The Tall Trees and Great Plains regions will also return, at least according to this map. The rivers, mountains and vast expanses that appear in the trailer seem to fit perfectly into the map circulated on the net.
- The game could start in a tutorial area – as with Armadillo in Red Dead Redemption, the map marks in the northern area an area called The Grizzlies, which could serve as a tutorial area at the start of the game.
- Battle Royale Mode – According to TrustedReviews, Red Dead Redemption 2 could follow trends and offer a Battle Royale mode . For the moment Rockstar has not confirmed the indiscretion or details have emerged on how this mode can work, but we have known since August 2017 that the publisher wants to capitalize on the most popular feature of the moment.
- Other modes – these could include “Revive and Survive”, in which we will have to eliminate enemies and keep our teammates alive and Money Grab, where two teams compete for control of large bags of money that must be delivered to a central point of the map . The leak also reveals that we will be able to buy tents that will serve as a base and the existence of free events where you can earn money and extra items.
The characters and plot of Red Dead Redemption 2
The protagonist of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be Arthur Morgan, one of the members of the Van der Linde gang.
Morgan is one of the longtime members of the gang, and is considered by Dutch to be its main armed wing. The two are bound by a deep trust, and Arthur is in charge of translating his boss’s plans into facts and actions. As pointed out several times in the trailers and press releases, the gang will be Arthur Morgan’s real family, the only positive constant in his life.
The story takes place in 1899, an era of transition and passage where outlaws have no place in civilized society. Early in the game, Morgan and the other members of Van der Linde’s gang are forced to flee after a heist went wrong in the town of Blackwater. The handful of bandits are in great danger, and this tense opening will be the pivot for the opening lines of the Red Dead Redemption 2 plot.
Following the release of the first gameplay video, the developers shared detailed information about the gang and its members, offering us a valuable insight into the characters we will encounter throughout the game.
Van der Linde’s gang is led by the charismatic Dutch, who has allowed its members to roam the lands of the Wild West freely for years, amidst robberies, raids and criminal acts of all kinds. The gang is now the focus of US federal authorities, and is being chased across the continent as they search for a place to live away from the law and the government.
The relationship between Morgan and the representatives of the gang will be crucial throughout the course of the game, and for this it can be useful to know in advance some of them, which the players of the first Red Dead Redemption will surely have already heard of. Here are some of the characters from Red Dead Redemption 2, as confirmed by Rockstar herself:
- Dutch van der Linde , undisputed leader of the gang
- Arthur Morgan , star of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dutch’s trusty gunman
- John Marston , protagonist of the first chapter
- Bill Williamson
- Javier Escuella
- Sadie Adler
- Charles Smith
- Micah Bell
- Hosea Matthews
- Other travel companions, including Karen, Lenny, Tilly and Pearson
Players will be able to interact at any time with Arthur’s companions, making friends, discovering new opportunities for fun or being able to undertake missions initially not accessible. All of these dynamics will blend perfectly with the main storyline, as Arthur can then ask other members of the gang to accompany him hunting or fishing, or do a hit together and much more.
RDR2 images dating back to May 2015.
Manage cookie settings
Red Dead Redemption 2 su PC
Unfortunately, Rockstar hasn’t announced a PC version of the game, which is currently only slated for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The first chapter never arrived on PC, but can be played by signing up for a subscription to PlayStation Now, while Grand Theft Auto V not only came out on PC, but has proved an absolute commercial success on the platform.
Although there is no official confirmation, it is still possible that Rockstar will follow the GTA model by publishing a version of the game for PC following the release of the console versions. This hypothesis is made even stronger by the latest leak that emerged in recent weeks, with a Rockstar employee who has included a reference to Red Dead Redemption 2 in his Linkedin profile, adding to the platforms already announced for the release also the PC one.