Microsoft’s work on adding new features to Windows 11 continues with the latest developer beta build – 25201. The latest insider preview build of Windows 11 brings a few new features to the operating system. Microsoft is testing expanded widget view, Game Pass widget improvements, File Explorer search enhancements, bug fixes, and more
The latest incremental upgrade is being distributed to eligible systems with Windows 11 Insider Preview build release 25201.1000 (rs_prerelease). And the recently released upgrade is available to users who have opted into the Developer Channel in the Windows Insider Preview Program.
Microsoft sends the new version to the dev channel with the extended view in widgets. Yes, there is an option through which you can expand the view of widgets to full window. You can use the expand and collapse button in the upper right corner to change the view of the widget panel. The update brings the update to the recently released Game Pass widget with a new login option.
Moving on to changes and fixes, the new update brings improvements to File Explorer search, it will now show results as you type, Microsoft is testing more cloud file results in the research. The update fixes these issues – memory leak issue when closing File Explorer, apps in taskbar overflow dropdown menu showing in correct order when using Arabic or Hebrew display language, explorer.exe crashed the fix when you dragged a snap group into task view and dropped it into another desktop, and many others.
Windows 11 Insider Preview update build 25201 – Changes and improvements
- Thanks to all the Insiders who gave us their feedback on the different visual treatments of taskbar search! As of this week’s flight, we conclude exploring these treatments, so if you received this experience, it will be removed on your next reboot.
- File Explorer
- Searching in File Explorer will now show results as you type. The full search results page will update live without having to press enter. We’re starting to roll it out, so the experience isn’t available to all Insiders just yet.
- We’re experimenting with adding more cloud files to search results from the home page.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 Update 25201 – Fixes
- Fixed the issue of last flights causing a bugcheck when moving your mouse in some games.
- File Explorer
- As a one-time change to help users find their folders with the Navigation Pane updates, if the default folders pinned to the File Explorer Navigation Pane had been unpinned, they will be pinned again after the Upgrade.
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred when closing File Explorer windows.
- Taskbar overflow dropdown apps should now be in the correct order when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- To input
- Fixed an issue where if you hadn’t already opened OneNote once, using the pen click to invoke OneNote would not work.
- Changed to help fix an issue where it was not possible to use the Pinyin IME to type in the chat box in some games.
- Fixed an issue that caused sporadic crashes in the Settings app.
- Removed an erroneous white pixel in the icon animation when clicking on the Apps category in Settings.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases the notification banner for certain badges did not appear in the widget table.
- Fixed an issue where explorer.exe would crash if you dragged a snap group into task view and dropped it on another desktop.
- Fixed an issue with interacting with the Desktops drop-down menu in the taskbar that caused explorer.exe to crash periodically.
- Fixed a DWM crash in recent flights that could result in a brief black screen when spinning a tablet.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause a DWM crash when watching videos in some UWP apps in recent builds.
- Task Manager
- Fixed an issue affecting Task Manager reliability.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Insiders to unexpectedly receive the message “it is not possible to connect to this network” when recently connected to certain Wi-Fi networks, although the network was working with other devices.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Windows Sandbox to open in a black window only on some PCs.
If you joined the dev channel on the Insider Preview program and are running Windows 11, you will receive the preview dev build. You can simply head to Settings > Windows Update > click Check for Updates. And from there, you can simply install the update on your PC.
Microsoft releases Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 for Dev Channel Insiders
Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 to Dev Channel Insiders. Latest Dev Channel release adds expanded view in widgets, Game Pass widget enhancements, enhancements and bug fixes.
After installing Build 25201, you will see the expand and collapse button in the upper right corner of the widget table, allowing you to increase the size of the table. The size will be remembered, which means that if you leave it enlarged, the board will be the same size the next time you open it. Plus, the updated Game Pass widget lets you sign in with your Xbox profile. The updated Game Pass widget will display the full range of Game Pass games and more available to you.