With Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit for Switch you drive through your apartment! Pre-order now
- The game will be released on October 16, 2020
- You drive through your apartment in real karts
- You design the routes yourself
Update from September 4, 2020: At Amazon you can now get the Mario set and the Luigi set for pre-order.
Original message from September 3, 2020: A new Mario Kart is coming to the Switch and you can drive through your own apartment in it!
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit converts your own four walls and basically any other suitable area into a race track.
You have four real gates that you place on the ground, then you drive a real model kart through these gates and form a track.
The karts have a camera and you can see what is happening on your switch from this perspective. And then it’s down to business.
“What happens in the game also has an impact on your real kart: If you use a turbo mushroom, your kart temporarily accelerates”, they say. “However, if you hit another driver’s Red Tank, it comes to a standstill.”
Up to four players can take part in the races, each requiring their own kart, console and (free) software.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is available from October 16, 2020 and each set (there is a Mario and a Luigi set) includes a kart, four goals, two directions and a USB charging cable.
All of today’s Mario announcements from Nintendo:
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury confirmed for Nintendo Switch
- Super Mario Bros 35 is a new battle royale
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars brings Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy to the Switch
- Super Mario All-Stars: Four Classics Available From Today With Switch Online!
- Forget PS5 and Xbox Series X, here comes Game and Watch: Super Mario Bros.
- Cat Mario and Cat Peach announced as amiibo