A laptop is a good long-term investment. You might as well equip yourself with the best while saving money thanks to Apple’s know-how in terms of new technologies. Right now, Apple’s 2021 MacBook Pro , with 512 GB of storage, goes from 2,249 euros to only 1,999 euros. For more flexibility, go for payment in installments with 510.81 euros to be paid today and then three monthly installments of 510.79 euros. Quickly benefit from the specificities of your future device with delivery tomorrow to your home or to a pick-up point offered by Cdiscount at will. A free membership for 6 days without commitment then 29 euros/year at the end of the trial. Access other great benefits in addition to tailor-made express delivery! The 2021 MacBook Pro features an M1 Pro chip delivering blazing speed with incredible performance. Not to mention a nice extended autonomy in an ultra-thin and light laptop.
250 euros reduction for the Apple laptop
Take advantage of the powerful M1 Pro chip of the MacBook Pro 2021 for unprecedented performance. This versatile device lets you edit 8K video, compile code, edit photos or render complex 3D scenes. All headed by an autonomy of up to 21 hours. Away from work, enjoy dazzling entertainment with the Liquid Retina XDR display delivering extreme dynamic range and industry-leading contrast. Discover precise details, deep blacks and vibrant colors to watch your movies and series or even play games. Constant brightness and peak brightness extend up to 1000 nits and 1600 nits respectively! Your video calls appear crisper and clearer with the upgraded 1080p FaceTime HD camera and six-speaker audio system with spatial audio. The microphones benefit from studio quality. Not to mention 10,000 optimized applications and modules!
The powerful MacBook Pro 14 drops below €2,000 with this offer
- What is this MacBook Pro? The MacBook Pro 14 comes with the new M1 Pro processor, which has 8 CPU cores and 14 GPU cores. 16 GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD complete this already impressive configuration. Apple promises a whopping 17 hours of battery life (slightly less for resource-intensive tasks) thanks to the M1 Pro chip. Even with big projects, the machine will run like a charm, and quietly. Cooling is done thanks to two completely silent fans, arranged around the M1 Pro chip. The MacBook Pro 14 has a Liquid Retina XDR display. This 14.2-inch mini-LED IPS panel displays a resolution of 3024 × 1964 with a variable refresh rate of 24 to 120 Hz. The brightness is excellent and in HDR the contrast is perfect, even in bright light. The slab is equipped with a rather effective anti-reflective treatment.
- Is this MacBook Pro 14 a bargain? It’s even a great deal. The MacBook Pro 14 measures 31 × 22 cm and weighs 1.55 kg, and will therefore easily slip into a backpack. Aesthetically, the screen occupies almost the entire surface of the MacBook Pro, for a very fine rendering, except for the unsightly notch which houses the front camera. The camera is in Full HD 1080p, but will not replace a real webcam. On the keyboard side, apart from the disappearance of the Touch Bar, it changes very little from previous designs, apart from its new black color. The speakers, on the other hand, deliver good power and excellent rendering for a laptop computer, even if wearing headphones is recommended, via the 35 mm headphone jack. Finally, the available connectivity is complete, with three Thunderbolt 4 ports (USB‑C), an HDMI 2.0 port (4K at 60 Hz) and an SDXC card reader.
It’s unlikely, but this Macbook Pro M1 Pro is getting cheaper than used!
MacBook Pro M1 Pro 2021 drops at Amazon
Apple is one of the least promoted brands in the year. We find the famous Airpods from time to time, but these are products that remain “affordable” in view of the rest of the range of the apple brand.
So Amazon dropping a 2021 MacBook Pro M1 by 11% is exceptional. It thus goes from 2250 euros to 1999 euros. Or just below the symbolic bar of 2000 euros.
The 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro isn’t just for professionals
This is the best Apple has to offer in a 14-inch format. This is the latest laptop from the Cupertino company. With its new M1 Pro processor embedding 8 cores and a 14-core GPU, it allows you to do everything.
Photo and video editing will be effortless, whatever your needs. The MacBook Pro M1 Pro is even able to edit 8K video!
It is even able to run many games, either directly on Steam for Mac or via Windows emulation software. The performances are surprising and leave some PC gamers on the floor.
New to these MacBook Pros is the addition of three new ports. The first is the charger MagSafe making a comeback. It allows easy connection via a magnet and tear off without taking the computer. The second is the HDMI port very practical for not needing to walk around with a USB C dongle everywhere. Finally, the one professionals have been waiting forthe SD card slot. There are still three USB C / Thunderbolt 4 ports.
For the rest of the technical sheet, we find:
- Screen : 1000 nit Liquid Retina XDR
- Resolution : 3024 x 1964 pixels
- Memory : 16 GB
- Storage : 512GB (1TB version available
- Autonomy : until 9 p.m.
- Color : Space gray or silver
We tested… the Apple MacBook Air 13 inches with M2 (2022)
Two years ago, Apple inserted an M1 chip into an existing MacBook Air frame. The combination of raw power, classic design and value won us over. This year, Apple tried the same trick with the 13-inch MacBook Pro. We were less impressed, as the 14-inch MacBook Pro had already shown what the company could do with a laptop when it ditched Apple+C/Apple+V.
Externally, the new MacBook Air offers the biggest redesign yet, ditching the original design and echoing the 14-inch Pro. But how does it compare to its predecessor – and is the significant price hike (the line now starts at €1499) justified?
The new MacBook Air is perfectly flat – and thin, at 1.13 cm. That’s far less than its predecessor’s 1.61cm maximum and nearly half an inch thinner than any MacBook Pro. Above all, the unit is even slightly lighter than the M1 Air. The striking platform is a bit higher, but you don’t notice it. The gigantic keyboard and touchpad are perfect for extended sessions. Reduced bezels look refined.
Display, camera and audio: superior quality
Yes, there is a notch, but that doesn’t bother us. That’s less of an issue here than on a phone with limited screen real estate, and Apple has moved the menu bar up to flank the notch. The remaining space is the entire screen of the previous Air. The brightness is also up: from 400 to 500 nits. That means you don’t get the jaw-dropping XDR heft of a 14-inch Pro, but the Air matches the recent 13-inch Pro and that’s good enough for most use cases. TrueTone and P3 colors are present, as you’d expect; 120Hz ProMotion isn’t, which isn’t a surprise at this price point.
The camera remains pathetic. In low light we noticed minor improvements over the M1 Air; but the image remains noisy in a well-lit room, despite the improved 1080p specification. Apple confirms that the MacBook Air uses the same module as the 14-inch and 16-inch Pro and the 24-inch iMac, but the systems have different image signal processors. An adjustment is necessary.
Fortunately, the speakers are better – leagues beyond the M1 Air. The four-speaker system supports Spatial Audio, but what matters to you is clarity and punch. You can crank the volume all the way up and everything still sounds great – which wasn’t the case on the M1 Air. Output can’t match dedicated audio hardware, of course, but impresses for this form factor – and when boosting bass in Music’s EQ, we found this Air gave our Ruark MR1 Mk2 desktop a race for their money.
Performance: power on
Apple provided Stuff with a 10-core machine with 8GB of RAM, with the extra GPU over the cheaper model. The benchmarking numbers broadly line up with recent MacBook Pro M2s, as you’d expect, and are well ahead of the M1 Air; the M1 Pro remains in the lead, however, especially in terms of multi-core performance. What does this mean to you? In short, performance is excellent for the vast majority of tasks the vast majority of people would do with this Mac – and impressive once you push past it. Apple says you can run seven streams of 4K ProRes at full quality, complete with effects and titles. It’s crazy on a consumer machine.