After the leak that occurred hours ago, THQ Nordic and developer Pieces Interactive have officially announced Alone in the Dark. It is a reboot of the classic survival horror from 1992 and is being developed for PS5, Xbox Series and PC (Steam).
The release date has not been disclosed, but the game has been in development since 2019 and is currently in the alpha version.
Those attending Gamescom 2022 between August 24th and 28th will be able to play a teaser called Grace in the Dark, containing its own original story. It will be a prologue to the main game and will star the character Grace from Alone in the Dark 2.
THQ Nordic didn’t say whether it intends to make this teaser available outside of the event, but because it’s a separate story, it’s likely that it will at some point.
Check out the announcement trailer below:
More information via Steam:
Psychological horror mixes with the southern gothic genre in this reimagining of the classic survival horror game Alone in the Dark
In this love letter to the groundbreaking first game in the franchise, you’ll experience an amazing story as one of the two main characters. Play as Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood and explore the settings, face monsters, solve puzzles and discover the terrifying truth of the Derceto mansion…
In the American South of the 1920s, Emily Hartwood’s uncle disappears. Alongside private detective Edward Carnby, she embarks on a journey to the Derceto mansion, a home for the mentally ill where something sinister lurks. You’ll encounter strange villagers, terrifying worlds, dangerous monsters and unravel an evil plot. At the intersection of reality, mystery and insanity, an adventure that will challenge your beliefs awaits. Who can you trust? What are you going to believe? And what will you do next?
– Explore the Derceto mansion in this recreation of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 90s horror cult classic.
– Return to the origins of psychological horror and feel the immersive atmosphere of this journey worthy of the game that originated the genre.
– Immerse yourself in a world full of sounds that will make you shiver and at the same time marvel at the doom jazz soundtrack.
– Experience the thrill of desperate survival in a world where reality is crumbling, evil lurks in the shadows, and ammo is scarce.
– Experience this nightmare from the point of view of Emily Hartwood or Edward Carnby and unearth the dark secrets of a Gothic mansion.
– Immerse yourself in a deep psychological story beyond imagination written by Mikael Hedberg, screenwriter of SOMA and Amnesia.