AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.11.1: Support for Hitman 2, Fallout 76 and Battlefield V.
AMD Radeon has just published its new Adrenalin drivers, which reach version 18.11.1, the first for the month of November. In this new version, AMD Radeon has begun to support the games Hitman 2, Battlefield V Early Access and Fallout 76, all of which will be released for PC starting in the middle of next week. In addition, AMD Radeon has also taken the opportunity to solve certain problems that were still present in previous versions of these AMD Radeon Adrenalin drivers.
It is not uncommon that when a new game is about to be released, both AMD Radeon and NVIDIA rush to release new drivers with initial support for these new games. This is so, since these new games, although in theory they could be played with the old drivers, do not have to be suitably optimized, something that means that their performance when playing always leaves something to be desired.
In the case of the new AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.11.1, this initial support is for games:
- Hitman 2: Up to 3% performance improvement when using an AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB at 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. Its official launch is on November 13, 2018.
- Battlefield V Early Access: Up to 8% extra performance with an AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics card, and up to 9% extra performance with an AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card at 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. Its official release is on November 15, 2018.
- Fallout 76: official launch on November 14, 2018.
Fixed issues in AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.11.1 drivers
Like every installment of AMD Radeon Adrenalin drivers, the company has taken the opportunity to fix bugs that were present in old versions of these. In the case of these new drivers, the problems solved are:
- When using the Radeon Overlay feature, on computers that have installed the latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update, some users may experience intermittent instability in their games, or even crashes of the game.
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins could experience stability issues when the game was running on Windows 7.
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus could have image corruption when looking at water or lava in-game.
- Strange Brigade could experience crashes in the game for no apparent reason.
Unresolved issues in AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.11.1 drivers
The new drivers Adrenalin 18.11.1, have not yet been able to solve the following problems:
- On computers that use multiple displays, Radeon Overlay may not run when playing the Battlefield V game.
- On some computers that use multiple displays, mouse movement can be jerky when one of the monitors is turned off.
- The memory frequency of Radeon RX Vega graphics cards remains permanently high, regardless of the graphics workload.
You can download the new drivers Adrenalin 18.11.1 from these links. You already know that AMD decided to stop publishing drivers for 32-bit versions of the Windows operating system.
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 for Windows 10 x64
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 for Windows 7 x64
As always, we recommend that, prior to installing the new driver, you uninstall the old one with the Display Driver Uninstaller program, to ensure that you remove undesirable remains of the operating system. Especially, those that usually remain in the Windows registry.
It may interest you …
What drivers should I have updated on a PC with an Intel processor and motherboard? Javier López November 4, 2018 • 16:11