The AirPods Max are the last device presented by Apple in this 2020. Now that the days have passed and it is already in the hands of more users, the company has published a support document in which it provides more details. Specifically, it explains how to extend the battery of the AirPods Max when they are at rest, among other things.
AirPods Max battery operation, charging and resting
Thanks to iFixit, we know that AirPods Max have a double battery tucked into the right earbud. It is in this headset that we must connect the Lightning cable to charge the AirPods Max. When the battery is discharging, we will find various warnings.
On the iPhone and iPad, we will see a notification when the load drops to 20%, 10% and 5%. We will also hear a tone in the headphones when the threshold reaches 10%, as well as just before turning off due to no charge. To have an orientation of how much charge the AirPods Max have, Apple indicates the following:
- If they are charging and press the noise control button, the status light will turn green if it is more than 95% charged. It will be orange if it is 95% or less.
- If they are not charging and press the noise control button, the status light will turn green if it is more than 15% charged. It will be orange if it is 15% or less.
As with the rest of AirPods and accessories connected to the iPhone or iPad, you can check the charge on these devices. Other things to keep in mind about the AirPods Max battery:
- With a 5 minute charge, you get 1.5 hours of listening.
- If you leave the AirPods Max unused or unmoved for 5 minutes, it will go into low power mode. After 72 hours like this, a lower consumption mode will be activated that deactivates the bluetooth and the Search function.
- If you put the AirPods Max in its Smart Case, this low power mode is activated automatically. After 18 hours, they activate an ultra-low consumption mode that deactivates the bluetooth and the Search function.
It seems that the difference between the two, in addition to the period of time in low consumption, is in a detail. While being out of the case activates a lower consumption mode, in the case we have the ultra-low consumption mode. It does not hurt to know these details of its use, if what we want is to maximize the load and not take surprises when we need them.