While Halo Infinite inevitably drew the light of most of the spotlight on itself, last week’s Xbox game showcase certainly not only gave us new information on the expected return of Master Chief, but also gave us a try. to give us an idea of the proprietary titles to come thanks to Xbox Game Studios.
All the projects shown through teasers and apparently very distant but which nevertheless knew how to intrigue. One example above all is surely declared, Obsidian Entertainment’s first-person RPG set in the Pillars of Eternity universe and already dubbed by many as a title that has the ambition to propose itself as the new The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The project is completely shrouded in mystery, but apparently an insider managed to collect various information that he decided to share through ResetEra.
Let’s start with what is in some ways bad news: the release date. According to the insider Avowed will be released in a period between late 2022 and early 2023, a fairly remote launch window that could easily make this a next-gen game-only game not supported by the Xbox One.
Here is all the other information shared by the insider sponger:
- A completely open-ended game much bigger and denser than Skyrim
- The main setting is the Living Lands of Eora
- The focus is on the responsiveness of the game world, lighting and handling of next-gen AI and physics (physics would be mostly spell-related but there is no detail on how to put implemented)
- Dynamic and real-time weather system
- Mod support
- There will be companions
- The threat of tyranny will be fought
- There are also some really big boss fights
- Two large cities planned with several more contained
- The game respects the traditions of Pillars of Eternity and also features additions
- Dynamically presented dialogues
- For now, he aims to allow the murder of anyone in the game.
- The project is said to be in full production and development should have been underway for approximately 2 and a half years.
- The team is 100 people but will continue to grow
Obviously, an insider’s information may not turn out to be completely accurate and in any case during development there could be changes. What do you think of these details on Avowed?
Source: Game Bolt
Source : Reddit