On November 19, the 2020 Xataka Awards gala will take place, an event presented by David Broncano in which it will be decided which ones have been the best products of the year or, in this case, the best streaming series / original movie. Be that as it may, the truth is that the time to vote has come.
This 2020 has been a year full of original content. Platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, and Apple TV have filled their respective catalogs of movies and series, something that in a market so competitive, changing and so affected by the pandemic that we are experiencing is a challenge.
This year we release new category, dedicated precisely to those exclusive productions that the platforms and services premiere on the Internet and that we consider that due to their characteristics are within the “Xataka orbit”. Series and films that have been released (or are going to do so) during 2020 in Spain compete. What has been the best streaming series / original movie? Here are the chosen candidates:
- Do not touch cats (Netflix)
- Altered Carbon (T2, Netflix)
- Anti-riot (T1, Movistar + Lite)
- Away (T1, Netflix)
- Brave New World (Starzplay – Peacock original)
- Dark (T3, Netflix)
- Devs (T1, HBO – Hulu original)
- Doom Patrol (T2, HBO – DC Universe Original)
- The Hole (Netflix)
- The Ministry of Time (T4, HBO – original by RTVE)
- The Visitor (T1, HBO)
- Lady’s Gambit (S1, Netflix)
- Loop Stories (T1, Amazon Prime Video)
- The Plot Against America (S1, HBO)
- The Curse of Bly Manor (Netflix)
- The unit (T1, Movistar + Lite)
- The Old Guard (Netflix)
- Locke & Key (T1, Netflix)
- Lucifer (S5, Netflix)
- Mank (Netflix)
- Mulan (Disney +)
- Mythic Quest (T1, Apple TV)
- Secret Origins (Netflix)
- Homeland (HBO)
- Project Power (Netflix)
- Raised by wolves (TNT – HBO Max original)
- Shame (T4, Movistar + Lite)
- Space Force (T1, Netflix)
- Star Trek: Picard (S1, Amazon Prime Video)
- Stargirl (HBO – DC Universe original)
- Ted Lasso (T1, Apple TV)
- Lovecraft Territory (T1, HBO)
- The Boys (T2, Amazon Prime Video)
- The Good Fight (S4, Movistar + – original by CBS All Access)
- The Mandalorian (T1, Disney +)
- The Umbrella Academy (T2, Netflix)
- The Vast of Night (Amazon Prime Video)
- Titans (S2, Netflix – DC Universe Original)
- Upload (T1, Amazon Prime Video)
- Utopia USA (Amazon Prime Video)
- Westworld (T3, HBO)
- Wireless (Quibi)
If you are clear, now do not forget to vote for your favorite or the one you consider best in the following form.
Vote for the best streaming series / original movie
Note: If you are browsing from mobile and the form is not visible, you can vote from here.
For the voting system we use Google Forms, so in order to send your vote you need to be identified in your Gmail (or Google) account in the browser, either desktop or mobile, so that each reader can cast their vote . Thank you.
How voting works
The mechanics of the 2020 Xataka Awards is similar to that of previous editions and is divided into three phases:
- Public voting: Over the next few days we will be publishing articles with our categories and the candidates selected by the Xataka team so that you, our Xatakers, can vote for your favorites.
- Jury vote: With the finalists that the public has chosen, the Xataka jury and other technology experts will vote for those that are, according to their vision, the best devices.
- Choice of winners– Votes from the jury will be combined with those from the public to select the winners, to be announced on November 19.
The selected candidates are series or films that have gone on sale in 2020 or will do so with a confirmed date before the end of the year. We also include those that were left out last year if they were announced after the Awards. We believe that it is the best solution: unfortunately we cannot celebrate the gala on December 31 and our idea is that the Awards can serve as support in the purchase decision for this last part of the year.
Thank you very much for participating!
Source : Engadget