2K announced today during a Nintendo Direct Mini broadcast that BioShock: The Collection, XCOM 2 Collection and Borderland Legendary Collection coming to Nintendo Switch on May 29, 2020.
Each collection contains a combination of the original games and downloadable expansions. Read full details of the collections below:
BIOSHOCK: THE COLLECTION
- Experience the unforgettable worlds and stories of the award-winning BioShock series with BioShock: The Collection. Travel into the beautiful, foreboding towns of Rapture and Columbia BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered and BioShock Infiniteincluding all single player DLC on Nintendo Switch. BioShock: The Collection on Nintendo Switch includes:
- BioShock Remastered: Players can now experience the critically acclaimed and remastered BioShock, winner of the 2007 BAFTA Gaming Awards Best Game category, on Nintendo Switch. Explore the undersea city of Rapture, a haven for society’s smartest people that has devolved into a dystopian nightmare brought on by overconfidence. Add-on content from BioShock Remastered is also included with the ‘Museum of Orphaned Concepts’, an in-game gallery of unused or reworked development concepts from BioShock’s development period. The add-on content also includes so-called ‘Challenge Rooms’, a series of areas that test the player’s puzzle-solving and combat skills. In addition, Bioshock Remastered also includes special commentary from the director, coupled with collectibles that unlock 10 episodes of ‘Imagining BioShock’ featuring the series’ original creators: Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson.
- BioShock 2 Remastered: Eight years have passed since the events of the first BioShock and the inhabitants of Rapture have come together in a collectivist cult. See the undersea city of Rapture through the eyes of a terrifying man known as a Big Daddy, who races against time to find a missing girl among the treacherous ruins. Add-on content from BioShock 2 Remastered is included, with the add-on campaign ‘Minerva’s Den’ and the combat-focused ‘The Protector Trials’.
- BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition: In the third installment of the BioShock series, players travel to the flying city of Columbia to rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl with the power to rip apart reality – a power her captor believes is his twisted vision of the American dream. will fulfill. Add-on content from BioShock Infinite is included, with the two-part add-on campaign BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea, in which the player experiences the city of Rapture just before the city’s disastrous demise. Also included in this collection are the ‘Clash in the Clouds’ battle challenges, along with the ‘Columbia’s Finest Pack’ and the ‘Early Bird Special Pack’, which give you the edge with bonus gear and weapons.
The physical game contains a 16 GB cartridge. This contains the opening acts of BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition. Later game content and add-ons must be downloaded.
XCOM 2 COLLECTION
- Unleash a global resistance to eliminate the alien threat and save humanity from extinction with the XCOM 2 Collection on Nintendo Switch, which includes:
- XCOM 2: XCOM 2 is a turn-based strategy game and the sequel to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. In XCOM 2, Aliens rule the Earth and promise a bright future for humanity, while secretly hiding a sinister agenda. As the leader of a guerrilla force with seemingly impossible odds, players must foment a global resistance to eliminate the alien threat and save humanity from extinction.
- Four DLC packs: All four XCOM 2 DLC packs are included in the XCOM 2 Collection on Nintendo Switch, including the Resistance Warrior Pack, Anarchy’s Children, Alien Hunters, and Shen’s Last Gift.
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen: This groundbreaking expansion brings significant changes and additions to the XCOM 2 campaign. Fight alongside new resistance factions as you attempt to eliminate the alien threat on Earth and prevent new enemies, known as the Chosen, from retaking the Commander.
The physical game contains an 8 GB cartridge containing the first two missions. The rest of the content requires a download. The total download size will not exceed 24 GB.
BORDERLANDS LEGENDARY COLLECTION
- Experience the mayhem three times, collect the loot three times and blast your way through the crushing action three times with Borderland Legendary Collection on Nintendo Switch, which includes:
- Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition: The co-op shooter looter that started it all, packed with content and improvements. Equip yourself with the thousands of weapons the game has to offer as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries, each with unique RPG skills. Take on your enemies on the lawless, desolate planet of Pandora, where you will search for a very powerful alien technology: The Vault.
- Borderlands® 2: Play as one of six Vault Hunters trying to free Pandora from the evil mastermind of corporate CEO Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with thousands of weapons and fight alongside them in a relentless quest for vengeance and redemption.
- Borderlands®: The Pre-Sequel: Play as one of six all-new classes as you blaze a path of destructive mayhem across Pandora’s never-before-seen low-gravity lunar landscapes, along with a variety of new moves, weapons, and vehicles! Fight alongside future megalomaniac tyrant Handsome Jack and prevent the destruction of Pandora and its moon.
- Play the entire collection at home or on the go with friends: All games within the Borderlands Legendary Collection include split-screen for two-player co-op and support for up to 4-player online co-op.
The physical game includes an 8 GB cartridge with Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition and a 6.6 GB download. Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel require a 35 GB download.
For more information about the features and content of BioShock: The Collection, XCOM 2 Collection or Borderland Legendary Collection visit 2K.com/nintendoswitch.