With barely two months to go before the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, the sequel to the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, Playstation 4 owners can already play the Alpha version of the game this weekend.
The Alpha is now available for PS4 players to download from the Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare or Warzone main menu and play starting tonight at 7pm CEST. Once downloaded, players can select the Alpha option to perform their first operations in a variety of game modes across four new maps.
MP favorites such as Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed and Domination return, while players can also take on the new game mode Combined Arms: Domination, a new 12v12 twist on Domination, including vehicles, on two larger maps.
The Alpha ends on September 20 at 7:00 PM (Dutch time), all participants will receive an exclusive Calling Card for participation in the promotion.
The Alpha release follows last week’s reveal of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s multiplayer. For those who missed this reveal, the full broadcast can be viewed on the Call of Duty YouTube channel. Below you will find the most important facts.
The top ten facts from the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer reveal:
- Operators/Deniable Operations – choose from a selection of experienced operators from all over the world, each with their own secret past, and drop into covert operations.
- VIP Escort – a brand new 6v6 mode that introduces new teamwork elements. Protect or eliminate a randomly selected VIP before he escapes!
- Combined Arms – a new 12v12 game variant that combines foot and vehicular warfare into one cohesive experience.
- fire team – a new MP mode where ten teams compete against each other on a variety of large-scale, unique map designs, including various vehicles to drive.
- Create-A-Class – a slot-based system gives players the freedom to choose a primary, secondary, tactical, lethal, field upgrade, wildcard, and full set of perks in each loadout.
- Wild cards – yep, they’re back.
- Gunsmith – choose from up to 54 attachments per weapon for 8 attach points on each primary weapon. When selecting a particular Wildcard, you assign up to 8 attachments to a single primary weapon at once for the first time.
- Field Upgrades – part of Create-a-Class, delivers Cold War-era gadgets and special weapons, such as the SAM Turret, Jammer, and Proximity Mine.
- Score streaks – back and completely renewed. Your score is no longer lost when you die, but you earn score multipliers by getting multiple kills without dying yourself.
- Compatibility with the next generation, Cross-gen and Cross-play – players play together with their friends regardless of the platform they choose, be it current generation consoles, next generation consoles or PC.