Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 2 Live Now.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is expanding today with new season two content including multiplayer maps, modes and weapons. Throughout Season Two, players on all platforms will be able to battle their favorite Operators on new and returning maps, featuring new challenges and rewards, limited-time game modes and community playlists.
Also, the Battle Pass system will receive a lot of new content during season two. Through the game
to play, all players receive, among other things, two weapons, 300 COD Points and calling cards. Players who want to take their level to the next level can also purchase the Season Two Battle Pass for 1,000 Call of Duty Points. This way you get access to up to 100 tiers of new content.
“Since launch, Modern Warfare has been warmly received by the community, so we are proud to present some popular maps from previous games, along with the iconic and beloved Modern Warfare character Ghost,” said Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director , Infinity Ward. “We are committed to continuing to fuel the fun with more content for everyone and can’t wait for players to get their hands on what season two will bring them.”
Season Two continues the story from the previous season as Coalition and Allegiance forces must put aside their differences to work together to prevent a nuclear disaster and find out where Al-Qatala has hidden a Soviet nuclear warhead. Season two offers additional content and new playlists every week.
- New multiplayer maps: Rust returns a fan-favorite map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that lets players enjoy intense, fast-paced combat within an oil field surrounded by desert. The brand new Atlas Superstore map transports players to a massive warehouse that has been taken over by Al-Qatala forces. Khandor Hideout will be added later in the season, transporting players to a remote island turned into a battlefield.
- New Ground War map: In Zhokov Boneyard, a sprawling aircraft scrap yard in Verdans, you can bulldoze through buildings with a tank, get into the ideal sniper position or indulge in a run-and-gun style of play.
- New Gunfight Maps: The classic Modern Warfare map Rust also appears as a Gunfight map, providing a new setting for intense 2v2 battles. In Bazaar, coming later this season, you can experience battles on the tight streets of Urzikstan.
- New multiplayer modes: Gunfight Tournament returns and lets players take part in ‘single elimination’ 2v2 firefights to earn rewards. In addition, all fans can play like pros in the Call of Duty League Ruleset Playlist. Two more modes will be added later in season two, including the popular Demolition mode. Here two teams are pitted against each other to attack or destroy bombed locations.
- New trials: Season Two features four new trials that let players test their skills to earn a three-star ranking and extra XP. In Race, players can drive an ATV and try to get the fastest time on the course. In Pitcher, players can practice their throwing skills by hurling deadly projectiles at a target. In Gun Course 3.0, players must make lightning-fast choices to take out enemies among civilians. In Clear the Area 2.0, players must eliminate all enemies in a certain area as quickly as possible.
Players who own the Season Two Battle Pass will be instantly rewarded with the iconic and popular Special Forces Operator Simon “Ghost” Riley as a playable character in all multiplayer and Special Ops modes. You also get access to more weapon blueprints, XP tokens, operator skins, challenges and watches. In addition, players who reach tier 100 have unlocked a total of 1,300 COD points, which they can use to pick up even more content in the Store.
The Battle Pass Bundle is available for those who want to skip 20 tiers to instantly unlock new gear and accelerate your progression.
In addition to the Battle Pass, players will be able to purchase more content from the Modern Warfare Store during Season Two. Including two new operators, brand new Call of Duty League personalization items, blueprints, operator skins, and more in various bundles. For the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare news, visit the Activision Games Blog.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Developed in collaboration with Beenox, the PC version is fully optimized for PC and will be available exclusively on Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming platform. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is published by Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI). Development is led by award-winning developer Infinity Ward, with additional support from Beenox, High-Moon Studios, Raven Software, and Sledgehammer Games.