The premiere of Command & Conquer Remastered Collection is getting closer.
- Electronic Arts has announced that with the release of Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, players will also receive original DLL files and source codes of games licensed under the GLP license;
- thanks to this, the modding community will be able to easily create their own projects and share them online;
- Unfortunately, on the day of release, the refreshed versions of the iconic RTS will not include the local game function.
In just over two weeks (June 5 to be exact), the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection set will debut, which will include refreshed versions of the iconic RTS games with their additions – Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. Electronic Arts Company she informedthat with the release of the set, the players will also receive the original DLL files and the source code under the GLP 3.0 license. Thanks to this, the game’s modding community will be able to easily create their own projects in refreshed versions of RTS and legally distribute them online.
DLL files will make it easier for users to design their own maps or units, and even allow you to change the gameplay logic and edit data. By the way, the developers, wanting to show the modding possibilities in games, showed a playable unit modified by them – the turret of the Mammoth tank was replaced with a huge cannon firing nuclear missiles. You can see it on the screen below.
Mods created by players can be found in the Steam Workshop (and subscribe to, and thus install, selected projects there) or browse and download them from the in-game menu. Origin users will need to manually install mods in folders outside of the game. Before the premiere, the creators will publish detailed instructions and other documentation regarding, among others. uploading created content.
Unfortunately, we also learned that for the premiere of the set Command & Conquer Remastered Collection players will not be able to use the LAN function. The lack of this element is due to the coronavirus pandemic and difficulties in testing the local game. However, the developers have ensured that its introduction is now at the top of the priority list.
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection can be purchased in advance on Steam and Origin for PLN 69.90. Both refreshed versions will have a Polish language version (only subtitles).
- The official website of the Petroglyph Games studio
- The official website of Electronic Arts
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection official website