Dice and vertical gameplay: New tactical CRPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister announced for PC.
French independent developer Tactical Adventures today announces its first project, the tactical role-playing game Solasta: Crown of the Magister for Steam. The title pays homage to the rules of the world’s most important role-playing game and gives players the opportunity to dynamically change the adventure through their own decisions.
The adventure begins with putting together your own four-person team: races, classes, background story and abilities are selected, attributes and status values are rolled as in the tabletop model. On their journey, players will discover the mystical realms of Solasta and experience a story that spans multiple worlds.
The dynamic and mysterious world of Solasta offers a whole new way of playing vertically. Environments and locations become a strategic element: long-range fighters can be positioned on raised platforms, thieves can spy on their enemies in deep shafts and caves.
Light is used as a tool to explore the dungeons – or as a weapon against the creatures of darkness. Solasta is a team-based adventure in which each character has an irreplaceable role. The player must use their team’s strengths and weaknesses to their advantage in order to be successful.
You can jump into the adventure right from the start of the Kickstarter campaign in the summer. Players can support the development of Solasta: Crown of the Magister, join the Solasta community, and earn a variety of rewards.
“Tactical Adventures is a small team of tabletop players, many of whom have been playing pen & paper and D&D games for over 30 years,” said Mathieu Girard, founder of Tactical Adventures and creative director of the game. “We’ve always dreamed of creating our own game. So we started developing Solasta by taking the best elements of our favorite games, building on them and expanding on them. Additionally, we’re adding more features, such as a focus on light elements, verticality, team-based adventures, and dice rolls. We use tabletop game rule sets to bridge the gap between pen & paper and video games.”
Solasta: Crown of the Magister – Specifics and Features:
- Verticality: Solasta is a three-dimensional world, not a series of flat maps. The locations can be explored in different ways, for example by climbing, flying, teleporting, crawling, discovering secret passages or falling through unstable surfaces. In combat, the environment allows you to face enemies in a variety of ways.
- Team-Based Adventure: Players have a wide range of races, classes, and backstories to choose from. Values and abilities of the team are rolled according to the tabletop model. All group members are essential, the adventures in Solasta can only be successfully completed with a functioning team.
- Tactical CRPG: Any conflict can be resolved in a variety of ways. The Mountaineer Fighter pushes opponents into abysses, the Darkweaver Rogue uses the advantage of height to strike down opponents from above.
- Light: In addition to being a tool to perceive the underground environment, the light can also be used as a weapon against dragons and other creatures. Caution is advised, because light reveals one’s own position.
- Developed by Tabletop Enthusiasts: Tactical Adventures is a team of seasoned tabletop players and game development veterans. With their passion for the genre, they aim to create the best possible tactical CRPG.
- Kickstarter: Players have the opportunity to support development and join the Solasta community. The team is already working on a first demo of the game.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is coming soon to Kickstarter.
More information on the official website.