The Shadowbringers™ saga continues in FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online, for which SQUARE ENIX® has released Patch 5.2: Echoes of a Fallen Star.
This latest update to the acclaimed MMO brings new challenges to the Warriors of Light. Not only on the First, but also on their homeworld of the Source, where the Eorzean forces continue their battle against the Garlean Empire.
Patch 5.2 delivers a wealth of new content for all playstyles:
- New main scenario quests – The critically acclaimed Shadowbringers story continues as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn wait for the Crystal Exarch to bring them home.
- New raid: Eden’s Verse – The second part of the Eden raid series offers challenging new battles on normal and savage difficulty levels. In addition, this installment introduces the character Gaia, which was created by renowned FINAL FANTASY developer Tetsuya Nomura.
- New dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Players can try to overcome this new challenge with fellow players, or with a group of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Cinder Drift – The Ruby Weapon represents the latest advances in Garlean military technology, players can battle against it on normal and extreme difficulty levels.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari deliver new quests aimed at the Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Chronicles of a New Era quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt” – Discover the story behind the brand new Weapon series, as the Garlean Empire seeks to break the stalemate with the Eorzean forces by unleashing this culmination of their macabre experiments.
- Ocean Fishing – This Fisher-exclusive content allows players to board a ship to fish the sea at certain times to earn experience and Scrips based on the fish caught. When certain conditions are met, all passengers have a chance at a big catch!
- Update for Ishgardian Restoration (Patch 5.21) – The next update to this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will deliver gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new rating system, and more.
- New quest series for “Resistance Weapon” gear improvements “Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr” (Patch 5.25) – This new quest series will receive regular updates starting with Patch 5.2 that will allow players to capture powerful equipment while learning more about the homeland of the Hrothgar, the Bozja Citadel.
- In-game Adjustments – Players can expect various tweaks to Jobs, PvP Actions, and New Game+, along with various Crafter and Gatherer updates.
- New mounts, minions, hairstyle, emote, craft recipes, and more.