The Événement Fortnite High Stakes introduces new challenges and even a new game mode.
Completing the event will give you additional XP which you will use to unlock Season 5 rewards. Remember, you need the Battle Pass to start these challenges.
Are you new to Fortnite? Check out our Fortnite tips and tricks to learn quickly.
Fortnite High Stakes event rewards
The High Stakes event is similar to the recent Fortnite Birthday event. This event also introduced new Fortnite challenges. High Stakes is mainly about a new temporary mode, Getaway.
The rewards for the High Stakes and Getaway event are:
- Play Getaway matches (10 total, 5,000 XP) – Just play a lot of matches. Easy peasy.
- Deal damage to a player wearing the jewels (500 total, “High Stakes” spray) – Do you see someone grabbing the jewelry? Then quickly open fire!
- Grab a gem in various Getaway matches (5 total, ‘High Stakes’ trail) – Jewels are the goal of a Getaway match, so grab them ASAP.
When you have completed all three challenges, you will receive the Crowbar Pickaxe.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 has started. This of course means a new Fortnite Season 3 Battle Pass and new challenges such as finding the safe and key card for Catty Corner and the Gnomes in Homely Hills in week 1. For a look at everything we know , you can also visit our article about Fortnite Season 3 preview with all challenges.
What’s in the High Stakes update?
The Fortnite High Stakes update includes the following:
- Temporary Mode (Limited Time Mode – LTM) Getaway and related challenges above.
- A new Wild Card outfit that you can buy in the store, with four masks to choose from:
- A new grapple hook element, which allows you to quickly fly to higher places. This is how the Grapping Hook works:
Here’s our first look at the new in-game Grappler item! #Fortnite
Source: https://t.co/eLAEyuX47g pic.twitter.com/zBR9gbyUND
– Fortnite News (@FortniteBR) 3 septembre 2018
A lot of fun, especially with Fortnite Season 6 just around the corner. The timing for the High Stakes event also suggests that we may now be having a special event every month. We are already looking forward to October!
Source : IGN