A new patch is about to arrive in Fortnite Battle Royale – the patch 9.20 – and, as fans already know, that means a series of changes, additions and corrections to the popular game.
But what does the patch bring this time? That’s exactly what we’re going to cover in this guide, giving more emphasis to the biggest additions / changes to the game, including a new item called Storm Inverter.
Complete the Fortnite Challenges:
Fortnite Week 1 – Heavenly Platforms
Fortnite Week 2 – Giant Phone, Grand Piano and Giant Dancer Fish Trophy and Air Ducts
Fortnite Week 3 – Throw the Flying Saucer
Fortnite Week 4 – Tomato Head Hologram, Durr Burger and Giant Dumpling
Fortnite Week 5 – Desert Track, Snow and Grass, Wind Turbines and Heavenly Platforms
Fortnite Week 6- Heat Sockets
Fortnite Week 8 – Visit watches
Fortnite Week 9 – Solar panel in snow, desert and jungle
Fortnite Week 10 – Public Service Announcements
Other Fortnite links:
Fortnite – All about Season 10
Fortnite Challenges – How to Complete Season 9 Challenges
Fortnite – List with the location of Fortbytes
Patch Notes 9.20
You can see below a list of all the new changes that are scheduled for Fortnite – if you want to see them in full, just visit the game’s official website.
- Launchable item that explodes on impact and creates a spherical area.
- In places where the sphere overlaps with the storm, it creates a safe area.
- In places where the sphere overlaps a safe area, it creates a stormy area.
- The Storm Inverter does the same damage as the current storm.
- The area lasts 20 seconds until it dissipates.
- Available in the Epic variant.
- It can be found in Floor Looting, Chests and Vending Machines.
- Falls in stacks of 1.
- Stack limit of 1.
Hunting Rifle: all variants
Although we valued the variety of options for long-range sniper weapons, the Hunting Rifle was being overtaken by the Infantry Rifle after the switch to hitscan shots. In addition, there are a few Sniper Rifle options available and we think that, at the moment, it does not have a necessary role in item climbing.
- We reduced the availability of accurate packages from 12.5% to 8.45%.
- We reduced the availability of explosive packages from 12.5% to 7.04%.
- The chances of receiving more powerful rare items in Supply Drones were greater than appropriate, so we reduced availability a little.
- It now takes 20% longer to overheat.
- The use of the Mounted Turret has decreased over time. Increasing the time until it overheats, we hope to encourage risk and reward.
In addition, it is worth emphasizing the new limited-time mode – Sword fight. According to the official description, “Treasure chests contain weapons of Epic or better quality and sometimes even the Blade of Infinity! Battle with your opponents to decide who is worthy to wield the Blade … and who is not.”
As we said earlier, these are just the most important changes to the game – to see the entire list of notes from the Fortnite 9.20 patch, it is best to consult the game’s official website!