Fortnite Season 3: Catch Fireflies and Get Firefly Glass – What You Need To Know.
There is a new item in Fortnite Season 3: the Firefly jar. The item was found in the game files at the start of the new season of Dataminers, but they have only been available in the game since the June 23rd hotfix. In rare cases you can find them as a loot or you can make them yourself. How the whole thing works and how to the new ones Firefly grenades we will tell you below on this page.
This is how the firefly jar works
The firefly glass is a throwable object that you can hurl at enemies and objects. It has a decent range and works like a Molotov ___tail. In other words: Players hit and all wood-based structures are set on fire. The fire can spread to other wooden objects, making it easy to torch entire fortresses.
The maximum stack size is 3 and the damage to players is 40 points with a direct hit. In the case of an indirect hit, the damage from the fire is slightly less. Beware, the fire can also harm you if you get too close to the source of the fire.
Find firefly glasses on the map
At first it was assumed that you could only make the firefly jars yourself, but it has now turned out that the rare (blue) items can also be found in loot llamas and stolen from henchmen. However, the chances of this are very, very slim. After all, you always get a stack of 3 in these ways and not one piece, as with manufacturing. It is not yet known whether there are fixed spawn points for the firefly glasses. However, players report that they have been successful in the following locations:
- At the orchard campsite near Frenzy Farm.
- On the two small islands in the eastern area of Rickety Rig.
- In the northeast corner of Holly Hedges.
- On the south coast of Lazy Lake.
- At the campsite east of Catty Corner.
Skin, back accessory, pickaxe and 600 V-Bucks for € 4.99? With the new Wespia package in the PS store, you don’t have to think twice.
Find fireflies and make firefly jar
Ready-to-throw firefly glasses are rare. Really rare. That is probably also on purpose, because you can also assemble a firefly jar yourself. Don’t worry, this is not a Swedish piece of furniture that requires 300 pieces, 8 different screwdrivers and questionable instructions in the form of a sticky note.
Instead, all you have to do is find a firefly and catch it with a glass. Everything that is necessary for this is already there: you already have the glass to capture it, you just don’t know it, and the fireflies are flying around on the island. If you find a few fireflies buzzing around, all you have to do is interact with them and your character will automatically pull out a glass and catch the beetles. The item that comes out is the “firefly jar” that ends up in your inventory (requires a slot). The only difference is that you are only making 1 firefly jar and not 3.
It’s not that simple, of course, because you have to find the fireflies first. It is not yet known whether there are fixed spawn positions on the map for the fireflies, so the motto is “search” for the time being. The gaming community seems to have already figured out a few things:
- Like their real role models, the fireflies in Fortnite also appear to spawn mainly at dusk and at night and avoid daylight.
- The fireflies are easy to spot by their red-orange flashing.
- Roughly speaking, they can be found anywhere on the map, but your best odds are near campfires, trees, forests, and bodies of water.
- The beetles fly around in small swarms with around four animals in a small area.
- You don’t have to sneak up on the fireflies to avoid accidentally frightening them off. If it looks like they’re about to leave, that’s more of the previous point.
More about Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3:
- Fortnite Season 3: All information about season 13
- Fortnite Season 3: All challenges at a glance
- Activate Fortnite 2FA – This is how it works for all platforms
- Fortnite Season 3: The Patch Notes from Update 13.40 Joyride
- Fortnite Season 3: Get Loserfruit Skin in Fortnite – here’s how
- Fortnite Season 3: The Battle Pass with all skins and rewards
- Fortnite Season 3: What you need to know about cars
- Fortnite Season 3: The new map and all changes in detail