Android may have made huge strides in recent years, there are still a few details that have the gift of deeply annoying us. This is the case, for example, with the new USB connection mode integrated in Android 6 Marshmallow. Some users have had difficulty transferring files from their smartphone to PC.
Cannot access the internal memory of his smartphone
Everyone stores a very large amount of data (messages, photos, videos) on their smartphone. For security reasons, you should save them or transfer them regularly to your computer. No one is safe from theft, accident or mishandling. If you ever accidentally delete photos, you’ll be happy to be able to recover your data from your backups.
It is still necessary to be able to do it. Indeed, many users of smartphones running Android 6 have found themselves unable to access the internal memory of their mobile from a computer.
However, the connection between their phone and their computer is done correctly. The smartphone is well recognized by the PC, it is displayed in the peripheral section but cannot access the internal memory.
Change USB connection options
The fault lies with the new system of management of USB connections. Now each new smartphone, freshly unboxed, defaults to mode charge only. This explains the problems encountered when connecting to your computer.
To transfer data between your two devices, all you need to do is open the USB management menu and change an option in the settings. You will see it is child’s play.
- Connect your Android mobile device to your PC using a USB cable
- Place your finger at the top of the screen and drag it down to open the notifications panel
- Click on the notification Recharge par USB
- In the options window, check the box Transfer files to Windows or MAC (MTP)
- Then open Windows Explorer
- Click on this PC icon
- You should see your smartphone appear in the devices and drives section
- Tap the icon in the shape of a phone with headphones
- Then select storage memory
You will now be able to transfer your files as you wish. If you have any questions feel free to post them in the comments.
How to change the usb connection mode on android
Comment activer Android USB OTG?
Simply connect the dongle with an OTG (On-the-Go) cable, then connect the micro USB connector to your device and open this app to view all files on the USB drive. You can then open these files with your favorite app readers or editors.
How to connect a USB stick to a smartphone?
Connect your dongle to your phone’s charging port, directly or via an adapter, as the case may be. When a dialog box appears, validate the display of the key content in your preferred file explorer.
How to activate the OTG function?
When the phone is USB 2.0, you can try to enable OTG connection by selecting the USB setting. 😚 And it generally works !!
How do I know if my smartphone is OTG compatible?
Use the OTG Compatibility Tester
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Download and install the USB OTG Checker app.
- Then launch the utility.
- Click the Perform OTG Test button.
- Wait a few seconds.
- If you are lucky, a message will tell you that your mobile supports OTG.
How do I connect a mouse to a phone?
It will save you a lot of trouble.
- Turn on your Bluetooth mouse.
- Open the phone settings.
- Click the Connected Devices icon.
- Select the Pair new device option.
- Select the name of the mouse from the list.
- You may need to enter a corresponding code.
What is a USB OTG key?
USB OTG or USB On-The-Go is an extension of the USB 2.0 standard, which offers great flexibility in connecting multiple devices.
How to activate Android file transfer mode?
On your phone, tap the “Charging your device via USB” notification. In the “Use the USB connection for this” section, select File transfer. The “Android File Transfer” window opens on your computer. You can use it to drag and drop files to move.
How to activate MTP mode?
To activate PTP or MTP, connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Scroll to the notification bar and select Connected as a media device. Check the protocol you want to connect to your computer, which is MTP or PTP.
How to connect USB on Huawei?
Go to Settings & gt; Security & amp; confidentiality & gt; In other settings, turn on Use HDB and select Device File Manager (MTP) as the USB connection. If the connection fails, also enable the USB debugging option.
How do you unlock your phone?
Go to Android settings. Tap the Developer options box. If you have MIUI ROM, the box is on the Additional Settings page. Look at the USB debugging box.
How to access the internal memory of the phone?
Pull out the notification bar, tap Settings → General tab → Storage.
- System memory: indicates the memory required for the correct operation of the phone.
- Used space: shows the memory used by your files, images, applications, music, etc.
How to transfer photos?
Save photos using a USB cable
- To copy all images, connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. …
- You can also go to My Computer or Computer:
- With some mobile brands, you can install software on your computer to transfer photos.
How to change Android USB setting?
Changing USB connection options To transfer data between your two devices, all you have to do is open the USB management menu and change an option in the settings. You will see that it is child’s play. You can now transfer your files however you want.
How to activate Samsung USB storage?
Activate mass storage on Android
- Go to Settings and Storage.
- Press “…” then the USB connection to the computer.
- Learn about the Mass Storage Option (UMS).
- Connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable and the following screen will appear. Tap Enable USB storage.
How to turn off Android USB storage?
To disable USB debugging mode, the reverse operation must be done. Go to phone settings in Developer options section and uncheck USB debugging option.
How to change the USB connection mode on Android 10?
How to change connection mode and transfer USB MTP PTP to Android
- Open the software information. Open your Android settings. …
- Activate developer mode. …
- Opportunities to develop access. …
- Open the default USB configuration. …
- Change the USB transfer mode.
How do I turn off developer mode?
A message informs you that you have activated “Developer options”.
- Go to your Android phone’s settings.
- Click 7 times on the version number.
- Disable the Android developer option.
- Click on “Remove”.
How to activate USB on Android?
Enable USB debugging on an Android device
- On your device, go to Settings> About.
- Enter the build number seven times to make Settings> Developer options available.
- Then enable the USB debugging option.
How to activate USB ports on a computer?
- Click the Start button, then click Run. …
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, click to highlight your computer.
- Click the Action button, then click Check for hardware changes.
- Check if the USB device is working.
How to enable USB debugging on Android broken screen?
Method 1: Enable USB Debugging on Android Black Screen Using OTG Cable and Mouse
- Step 1: First, connect your phone with mouse and OTG adapter.
- Step 2: Now click the mouse to unlock your phone and then enable USB debugging in settings.
How to enable USB debugging from your computer?
Enable USB debugging on Android 4.0 to Andoid 4.1
- Open the Settings app and scroll down.
- Select Developer options.
- Check the box for USB debugging and enable the Keep checkbox if you do not want to go to sleep when your device is connected to your computer.
How to recover data without USB debugging?
Steps to recover data from Android device without USB debugging. Download, install and launch the Android Broken Phone Recovery tool and select “Recover” from the available add-ons. In this window, you can select the type of data you want to restore.
How to make the phone screen appear on your PC?
On your phone
- Open the mobile’s quick settings panel and tap “Send”.
- Tap “More settings” and at the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen, check “Enable wireless display”.
- Select your computer from the devices detected by Android.
Enable USB debugging on an Android device
The USB debugging on Android is a mode that allows, among other things, to transfer data between an Android device and a PC (having the development kit (SDK) of Android) with more ease and also ofsend commands to an android device directly from a PC. The usb debugging automatically activates after connecting the Android device to a PC with a USB cable, from the moment theoption has been activated on the Android device. In this article I will show you how enable USB debugging on any Android device.
Important : you must have enabled developer options on your Android device to be able to enable USB debugging.
Access to android settings.
Press the box Developer options.
If you have MIUI ROM, the box is in the page Additional parameters.
Check the box USB debugging.
Press on OK to confirm theenable USB debugging.
There you go, the USB debugging is enabled on your Android device ! 🙂
When a PC wants to access your Android device, you will need to allow USB debugging for it. Just press OK after checking the box Always allow from this computer if you are using your personal computer.