[GUIDE] : How to restore deleted TikTok draft videos from computer.
- Part 1: What is a TikTok video draft and why is it deleted?
- Common reasons for losing TikTok videos
- What is a TikTok video draft?
- Can I restore TikTok videos deleted with a computer?
- Can we submit drafts on TikTok?
- Part 2: How to restore TikTok videos using computer?
- Solution 1: Utiliser Recoverit Video Recovery
- Solution 2: Restore files from Recycle Bin
- Solution 3: Restore videos from backup point
- Part 3: How to restore draft TikTok video?
- Solution 1: Check Device Photo Gallery
- Solution 2: recover video from liked videos
- Solution 3: Restore deleted drafts from SD card.
- Part 4: Tips to Protect Your TikTok Videos
- Where are my TikTok drafts?
- Signing out of TikTok deletes my drafts?
- How are videos stored on TikTok?
- Suggestions for protecting your TikTok videos
“How to recover deleted TikTok videos? I saved some videos on my laptop to put them on TikTok, but I can’t find them anymore. Can anyone tell me how to get my TikTok videos back? ”
If you are a TikTok user, you may come across such a situation. Although TikTok is a very popular social platform for sharing videos of all types, its users may suffer from unintentional loss of their content. Fortunately there are several solutions to recover TikTok videos to help you. In this article, I will show you how to restore your TikTok video drafts as well as other videos that you had saved on your computer.
Part 1: What is a TikTok video draft and why is it deleted?
Before moving on to the in-depth tutorial, let’s discuss some basics
Common reasons for losing TikTok videos
- Sometimes users record a video in the app but don’t share or save it.
- While uploading a video, your phone may have encountered a network problem.
- If your phone restarted or stopped working while uploading a video, it may be lost.
- This could be due to an error related to the TikTok app (such as a corrupted update).
- If the video is saved on your computer, it may be corrupted or it may have been accidentally deleted.
- Third party application, incomplete transfer, storage formatting, etc. are all reasons for loss of video files.
What is a TikTok video draft?
After shooting a video, TikTok lets you post it on the app or save it as a draft. The Draft option means that you save the video to the free space of your phone so that you can find it later. Sometimes we forget to share the video and think it has been deleted while it is just sleeping in the back of the draft folder.
Can I restore TikTok videos deleted with a computer?
Of course, you can restore videos that had been basicly backed up on your computer. Although the success rate depends on different scenarios. I will give you a step-by-step tutorial to restore your videos later in this guide.
Can we submit drafts on TikTok?
Yes, these videos are not deleted but simply saved in the TikTok folder of your photo gallery. Although you cannot retrieve them directly from the app, there are other techniques for uploading them.
Part 2: How to restore TikTok videos using computer?
Many TikTok users store their videos on a computer initially (for editing or otherwise). If your TikTok video got deleted on a Mac or Windows, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Utiliser Recoverit Video Recovery
If you don’t want to take risks, then video restoration software will be your best ally. You can help yourself with Recoverit Video Recovery, which is a sophisticated application available for Mac and Windows.
- Using it, you can scan any drive, partition or folder from where you lost your videos.
- The tool supports all popular video formats and gives you a preview of your files before saving.
- You can restore on your Mac / Windows drives or any other external source (SD card / USB key).
- This application has the highest success rate for restorations thanks to its patented advanced video restoration algorithm.
Download | Win Download | Mac
To know how to recover your TikTok videos from computer, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose a location
When launching Recoverit Video Recovery, you will be asked to choose a location for the scan. You can choose any drive, partition or external source. If you want to save time, you can choose the exact folder from which you lost your videos.
Step 2: Wait for the scan to finish
Once the operation has started, go about your business and let the process complete. Recoverit will show the scan progress via an on-screen indicator that you can check. You can pause or stop the scan at any time.
Step 3: Preview and Restore Your Videos
At the end, you can filter the results and search for a particular video with the interface of Recoverit. You can also view the results of the recovery process and save the ripped video to the location of your choice.
Recoverit has a patented video restoration algorithm that defragments parts of a deleted video and merges them into one file. This makes Recoverit Video Recovery’s successful recovery rate one of the best in the market.
Solution 2: Restore files from Recycle Bin
Before taking any drastic measures, check your computer’s recycle bin. When you delete something, the files are sent there.
If you are a Windows user, you can go to the recycle bin on the desktop or in file explorer. You can find your deleted video there, right-click on it and click Restore.
Similarly, Mac users can navigate to the Trash folder from the Deck or Search. You can find your deleted video there, right-click on it and click Restore.
Solution 3: Restore videos from backup point
Finally, check if you have made a backup of your TikTok videos. If you have saved some to external storage (such as a USB drive), connect it to your system to retrieve your videos. Some users prefer to use a cloud to store their files.
Windows users often use File History to back up their videos. In this case, you can connect your backup drive and start File History in its settings. You can then search for the deleted video to restore it.
Similarly, Mac users can use Time Machine to restore their deleted files. Launch the app and connect your Time Machine to your Mac. This will allow you to browse the backed up content, allowing you to select and restore your deleted videos.
Part 3: How to restore draft TikTok video?
If you are a frantic TikTok user, you probably know that after recording a video you can post it or save it as a draft. If you press the “Draft” button, the video is saved to your device. To learn how to get your videos back to TikTok, try these methods.
Solution 1: Check Device Photo Gallery
After saving a video on TikTok, you can either post it or save it as a draft. If you press the “Draft” button then the video will be saved in your device’s Photo Gallery, in the TikTok folder.
Make sure the “Save to Album” option is enabled. To know how to get your video back, just go to your phone’s gallery. Look for the TikTok folder and find your video.
Solution 2: recover video from liked videos
If the above technique cannot help, then follow this method instead. By default, TikTok maintains a section dedicated to the videos you liked. So, if you have already “liked” a video, follow these steps:
Solution 3: Restore deleted drafts from SD card.
Apart from external storage, some users choose to save their videos to their SD card. In this case, it is easy to get them back with an SD card recovery tool. You can use Recoverit Video Recovery to get your videos back from SD card. Connect the card to your system, launch Recoverit and launch the “External Devices” section.
The process is the same as the one above and is very easy, allowing you to recover your deleted videos regardless of the cause.
Part 4: Tips to Protect Your TikTok Videos
If you’ve made it this far, you know how to get your deleted drafts and other videos back to TikTok. If you don’t want to run into this problem again, use these expert tips.
Where are my TikTok drafts?
To locate your drafts, you can go to your profile by clicking on the “Me” icon. Go to the “Drafts” option to view your saved videos. You cannot recover your videos from this interface but you can watch and delete them.
Signing out of TikTok deletes my drafts?
If you sign out of TikTok, data saved to your account (such as drafts) will be deleted automatically.
How are videos stored on TikTok?
When you post a video on TikTok, it is saved on its online servers. In addition, TikTok videos are saved to your device’s local storage and can be viewed from the gallery. However, these videos are linked to your account and are therefore protected.
Suggestions for protecting your TikTok videos
- Activate the “Save to album” option to automatically save your videos to your device.
- Before posting the video, save it on your device to keep a copy.
- Enable TikTok to sync with Google Drive or iCloud to keep your videos safe.
- Do not try to change TikTok account on your phone as you risk losing your videos unintentionally.
- Consider sharing your TikTok videos with friends or asking them because they may have a copy.
Hope this guide has helped you recover your deleted TikTok drafts. For your convenience, I have compiled these solutions to get your TikTok videos back. If you want to recover TikTok videos that were saved on your computer, try Recoverit Video Recovery. It is a smart and ergonomic application which can recover your videos effortlessly.
Download | Win Download | Mac