[GUIDE] : Resident Evil Village: How to find the latrines and documents Part three
# 35: officer’s diary
Check out the easy-to-miss piece of paper that is on the ground next to the save point before the fight with Urias in the fortress.
# 36: experience notes
After defeating Urias in the fortress, escape the area via the boat in the Underground River. This will bring you back to the area behind the church in the village, but before you do that hang a right to find a hidden dungeon. It is filled with supplies and this file is on a table against its back wall.
# 37: Development Note 1
On a desk next to the box where you find the Cog Mold in the factory, north of the backup generator on MB4.
# 38: Development Note 2
After escaping from the crusher shaft on B2 in the factory, you will pass through a small storage area between the shaft and the ventilation duct. This folder is on a desk over there at the top of the first staircase.
# 39: Sturm
After using the Heisenberg key on B1 in the factory, you will come to a short hallway with a door directly in front of you. This door leads to a small pre-boss safe. Play the file on the machine to your right as you enter.
# 40: Journal d’Heisenberg
After defeating the Sturm, read the open book on the desk in the factory control room.
# 41: Chris’ computer
Before stepping onto the Scrapheap’s tank, check the open laptop nearby. This is the last file you can find in RE8 under the name Ethan.
# 42 – # 45: Moreau’s medical report, Dimitrescu’s medical report, Donna’s medical report, Heisenberg’s medical report
In Chris’ section, you’ll spot these four books on the table in front of you as soon as you enter Miranda’s lab. Take each book in turn and rotate it to open and read the corresponding file.
# 46: Spencer’s Letter
While Chris, in Miranda’s lab, read the sheet of paper on the old desk in the corner.
# 47: Miranda’s Diary
While Chris, in Miranda’s lab, read the open book on the other side of the central table.
You have found all files for Resident Evil Village. Now that you’re a bookworm, that’s one less trophy / achievement / challenge on the list. Keep an eye out on our Resident Evil Village game hub for more guides, tips, and puzzle solutions.
Resident Evil Village – How to Find All Files and Protection Goats
Here’s how to locate some of the different collectibles in Capcom’s latest one.
Throughout Resident Evil Village, you’ll find various files, ranging from memos to journal entries. Some of these may give insight into different characters while others may contain a few reveals. Some files may be missed (since you won’t return to certain places later in the game), so get them back while you can. Let’s take a look at all the file locations here:
- Fridge Memo – Located in the kitchen of the Winters House. May be missed.
- Old newspaper clipping – Found in the spare bedroom of the Winters House. May be missed.
- Ethan’s Journal – Located in the Winters Headquarters. May be missed.
- Medical Check-Up Report – Found in the bedroom drawer at the Winters House. May be missed.
- Mission Briefing – Near the car crash in the forest. May be missed.
- Scribbled note – In the house on the village square. Can’t be missed.
- Protection Goat – Near the statue of the Maiden of War in a shrine. Located under the first goat totem pole. Can’t be missed.
- Dangerous Creature – In Luiza’s house. Can’t be missed.
- Guestbook – Found at the entrance to Dimitrescu Castle. Can’t be missed.
- The labyrinths – In the merchant room of the Dimitrescu castle. Can’t be missed.
- History of winemaking – Located in the wine room of Château Dimitrescu. Can’t be missed.
- Diary of a chambermaid – In the basement of the Dimitrescu castle. May be missed.
- Treatment Candidates – Located in Castle Dimitrescu Prison. May be missed.
- Sighting Report – Also found in Dimitrescu Castle Prison. May be missed.
- Cook’s Diary – Found in the kitchen of Dimitrescu Castle. May be missed.
- Alcina Dimitrescu’s diary – Found in Lady Dimitrescu’s apartments. May be missed.
- Notice of the great chambermaid – Found in the opera hall of the castle Dimitrescu. May be missed.
- Additional Observations – In the Opera House of Castle Dimitrescu, look for it on the upper balcony. May be missed.
- Insect Sighting Log – On the upper balcony of the Dimitrescu Castle opera house. May be missed.
- Rumors of a Dagger – Located in the attic of Castle Dimitrescu. May be missed.
- Craftsman’s Note – Outside Dimitrescu Castle, inside a hut with a save point. Can’t be missed.
- Message from Leonardo – Near the house with the red fireplace, there should be a big house. Look inside for this post. May be missed.
- Note on the Luthier house – Inside the Luthier house in the village. May be missed.
- Eugen’s Diary – In the house with the red fireplace. Can’t be missed.
- Church computer – Located at the rear of the village church. Can’t be missed.
- Gardener’s Journal – Inside the Gardener’s House near the Beneviento House. Can’t be missed.
- Vasile’s Final Testament – In the Old Town in the East, a werewolf will throw Ethan into a building. Scrounge inside for that note. May be missed.
- The Tank and the Giant Fish – Inside the tank boathouse. May be missed.
- Change Cranks – Outside the house with the save point near the tank, look for an old truck. May be missed.
- Journal de Moreau 1 – Once the fishing village has * dried up and chasing Moreau, look inside a log cabin. May be missed.
- Journal de Moreau 2 – Inside the room where Moreau is first spotted.
- Moreau’s Experiment Log – Upon exiting the tank, check inside a house near the mountain, right next to where the Wolfsbane M1851 revolver is located. May be missed.
- Analysis Results – Take a boat to the reservoir to the south. Before entering the tunnel through the dead end, locate the file on the right. May be missed.
- Ernest’s Journal – Found in the cannibal’s warehouse. May be missed.
- Officer’s Journal – In the fortress, check at the bottom of the stairs. May be missed.
- Experience Notes – As you exit the ship in the fortress, look for a stairwell on the left. Head down until you find a table with the file on it. May be missed.
- Development Note 1 – At level B4 in a factory cellar. May be missed.
- Development Note 2 – On level B2 of the factory, this is after the room with the large mill. May be missed.
- Sturm – Found in a storeroom on level B1 of the factory. May be missed.
- Heisenberg’s Journal – After the fight with Sturm, look for the file in the next room. It should be right next to a cigar. May be missed.
- Chris’ Computer – Found in the Factory Scrapheap. Can’t be missed.
- Moreau’s medical report – found in Miranda’s lab. Can’t be missed.
- Dimitrescu’s Medical Report – Found in Miranda’s lab. Can’t be missed.
- Heisenberg’s medical report – found in Miranda’s lab. Can’t be missed.
- Donna’s medical report – Found in Miranda’s lab. Can’t be missed.
- Letter from Spencer – Found in Miranda’s lab. Can’t be missed.
- Miranda’s Journal – Found in Miranda’s lab. Can’t be missed.
How to find all the watch goats
Of course, there are also various other collectibles like toy goats that you can find throughout the game. Called Guard Goats, there are 20 in total and they need to be destroyed (either slaughtering them or chopping them up). with the knife). While destroying them all won’t provide any one-time unlocks, it will provide 16,000 CP that can be used to purchase items in the Additional Content Store.
Here are the locations of all of Warding’s goats. If you listen carefully, you may also be able to hear them:
To better spot all the files and Goats of Warding, watch the videos below from 100% Guides and Somewhat Awesome Games.