How can you change your email on PS4?.
- How can you change your email on PS4?
- Can I change my email on my PS4 account?
- What happens if you change your PSN email? What happens when you change your email address on PS4?
- Will I lose anything if I change my PS4 email?
- How to change your email on PS4 without password?
- How do you transfer accounts on PS4?
- How do you set your PS4 as primary?
- Why won’t my PS4 let me activate as primary?
- Can I transfer a digital game to another account?
- How do I transfer ownership of a digital game? How do I transfer game data from one account to another?
One of the most formidable gaming consoles out there, the PS4 has taken the gaming industry by storm, turning heads in the market as it continues to sell thousands of devices every day. Powerful, reliable, accessible, and complemented by a ridiculously expansive game repertoire, the PS4 has established itself as perhaps the premier gaming device. Signing up for a PSN account is required to use your PS4. People often encounter problems or impediments with their email IDs and ask others if they can change their email on PS4. Worry not as we have you covered with a complete tutorial to guide you on how to change the PSN email address on your PS4 account.
How can you change your email on PS4?
Please keep reading this article till the end for the detailed steps to change your email address from the Account Management page in PS4 account.
Can I change my email on my PS4 account?
Yes, you can access your user accounts menu through settings and change your login ID.
What happens if you change your PSN email? What happens when you change your email address on PS4?
When you change your PSN email, you will receive a message at your old email address showing your new login ID. You have to update your privacy information and there will be no changes to the games on the account.
Will I lose anything if I change my PS4 email?
You will lose your progress, achievements and trophies after you replace your email address with a new one on PS4.
How to change your email on PS4 without password?
No, you cannot change your email on PS4 without your password. You must have your PSN account password to successfully change your email address.
How do you transfer accounts on PS4?
Follow the steps below on how to change your PSN email address:
1. Visit the Sony PlayStation website and sign in to Account Management.
2. Click Security on the left panel, as shown below.
3. Click Edit next to your login ID.
4. Enter your new email address and click Save to change your email on PS4.
5. Now, re-enter your password and click Verify your email ID from the email you received from Sony to your new email address.
How do you set your PS4 as primary?
As you learned earlier in this article, you cannot change your email on PS4. But you can set any desired account as primary or PS4 quite easily. Follow the steps below to set your PS4 as primary:
1. Select Settings from the main menu, as highlighted below.
2. Select Account Management.
3. Then choose Activate as your primary PS4 option.
4. Select Activate to change your email-linked PS4 account to primary.
5. If another PS4 is set as primary, you will be prompted for the same. Choose Switch to this PS4.
6. Select OK to successfully complete setting this PS4 as primary.
Why won’t my PS4 let me activate as primary?
There are a few reasons why you won’t be able to set your PS4 as primary, as listed below:
- Your account is probably registered on another device.
- Your account was deactivated.
- License error error persists after switching to a PS4 from another device.
Can I transfer a digital game to another account?
No, you cannot transfer a digital game to another account. Similarly, you can’t change your email on PS4 either. But you can access those games on another device, as long as the owner’s account (main console account) is signed in.
How do I transfer ownership of a digital game? How do I transfer game data from one account to another?
You may not transfer a digital game to another account. If there are two accounts on the same device and one of them is the primary console, the other account can also play the games on the primary console.
We hope this article has been useful and you have gotten an answer to the question can you change your email on PS4? Please mention your feedback in the box below and keep an eye on our website for more exciting tutorials on your daily digital queries. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.