How to access Xiaomi’s secret menu to check if your mobile is working properly.
The CIT menu of Xiaomi phones is a series of adjustments that allow verification of telephone components by component. If the screen, wireless connections, vibration, FM radio, and many other tests are working fine. Do you want to know how to access said CIT menu on your Xiaomi? We teach you all the steps.
Most mobiles generally hide certain settings menus to check if they are working correctly. They are called Hardware test or component test menus, a hidden option that allows a full test of the device. Xiaomi phones include it, for example: it’s the so-called CIT menu. It doesn’t require too many steps to access it and has a host of tools to test the phone.
Check if every component of your Xiaomi works
CIT menu is hidden in system settings without having to risk accessing it or entering its menu options. MIUI offers a series of step-by-step controls that ensure that the device works properly. In general, this is a menu that is available on all Xiaomi, Redmi, Poco or Black Shark mobiles: if they have MIUI, they have the CIT menu to perform control tests. Of course, not all check menus are the same: it is very likely that you will find different steps that you can select manually, but it is also possible that the test is performed automatically and just follow the on-screen instructions.
Accessing the hidden menu of the « hardware test » requires diving into the specifications of your Xiaomi mobile. The CIT entry process is as follows:
- Go to MIUI settings and find the option ‘My device’. It should be the first menu on the list.
- Go to « All specifications ».
- Search for « Kernel version » and press five times in a row: you will access the CIT secret menu.
- The menu should offer you a check of all the hardware included in your phone: tap component by component and follow the prompts to make sure it is working properly. The texts are in English.
- In case the menu is automatic, you will have a blue button with which to start the test. Your device will check each component step by step and will ask you to interact with the screen if it needs your help. Instructions are in English.
With the above, you will know what works and what does not with your phone: if it is a « pass », it means that the component is good; If a « failure » appears, it means that it did not perform as it should in the tests, which would imply a malfunction (often you will have to mark one or the other according to the result). It is worth taking the CIT test if you think there is something wrong with your Xiaomi.
You have already seen that the menu is hidden, although it is not too difficult to find. Even so, there are ways to make it easier to enter the CIT, such as using the app. Hidden settings for Xiaomi. In addition to offering access to “Hardware Test”, the app allows you to enter many parameters that MIUI blocks by default. We recommend it.