Similar to The music we can create playlists, the app Podcasts allows us to create stations. With these stations we can collect the content of our subscriptions, order it and reproduce it according to the different preferences that the application offers us. Do we need more order Podcasts? The answer is on the stations.
How to create a station
Creating a station is very easy. The steps are as follows:
- We open the app Podcasts on our iPhone or iPad.
- We enter the tab The library.
- We touch Edit.
- Click on New station.
- We write the name of the station, for example Applesfera.
- We touch record.
Now that we’ve created the station, let’s take a look at what the options are and how to set them up so that everything is to our liking. The screen of Station settings opens automatically after creation, offers us these options:
- Last name: where we can edit and change the name of the station.
- To play: Here we can choose between manual program control, back to old, from old to new, Manuel or by him podcast title. The best option will probably be from old to new, so that we can follow the thread of the theme.
- Group by podcast: It allows us to group the episodes by podcast in the order above. If we activate this option, for example, the podcast of the program from three days ago will be played first Applefera talksthen today’s episode of the same program, then yesterday’s episode of the program Infinite loop.
- Understand: Where we choose if we want to include one, two, three, five, ten, or all of the most recent episodes of each program.
- Content type: Choose whether we only include audio, video, or both episodes.
- Only what is not reproduced: Which we will activate to include only the episodes that we have not heard yet. Important to activate if, as recommended, we activate all episodes in the section Understand.
- Select the podcasts…: Where we will choose which of the programs in our library will be part of this station. We can also activate Include all podcasts.
Finally, if we need it, we find the option Delete station below. Once the settings are complete, we touch your name in the upper left corner of the screen to go back and click Okay.
And so far we have created our new station. Should we change it? It’s very simple, just enter it from the tab The library, We touch Edit and we choose Adjustments.
How to use a station
Now that we have created and configured the station according to our preferences, we are going to use it. The easiest way to do this is to use Siri. Phrases like Hey Siri, read podcasts from [nombre] they start breeding where we would have left off and in the order we decided.
Beyond Siri, we can access all our stations from the tab The library from the app Podcasts, we will find them below Downloaded. To start reading these stations, just let’s go with a tap and play the top episode, playback will continue, in our case from oldest to newest, until all episodes of the station are completed.
The usefulness of podcast stations, beyond allowing us to order and classify the various programs to which we are subscribed, is to ensure continuous and consistent reading according to our preferences. So that? For example, we don’t have to keep an eye on our iPhone or Apple Watch if we want to run while listening to our podcasts.