Facebook is determined to be a more global and interconnected platform and is adding a lot of functions to its applications, such as WhatsApp or Instagram. Just a few weeks ago, the social network presented Messenger Rooms, a new video call platform to manage Zoom which integrates perfectly with all the platforms and social networks of the blue company.
Messenger Rooms is already available on Instagram and WhatsApp, which means that you can easily make video calls up to 50 users. Today we are going to tell you how to easily make a video call with up to 50 WhatsApp contacts from your iPhone, Android or from a computer with the web version of the app.
How to make a video call on WhatsApp with up to 50 users
Messenger Rooms has become the central Facebook platform for video calling and you can use it from anywhere and very easily, although we need the Facebook Messenger app.
Video calls with 50 WhatsApp users from iPhone
The first thing to keep in mind is that this function is not available with the latest WhatsApp update, go to the App Store and check for updates. Once you’ve verified that you have the latest version, follow these steps:
- Create a WhatsApp group with the users you want to invite to video call, you can add up to 49.
- If you have already created the group, you can use it.
- Press the “+” button and a menu will open.
- In the upper area you will see the Rooms section, click on it.
- The app will tell you that you need to open Messenger to create the room, you need to have it installed on your device.
- Click Open and create the part.
- Once you’ve created it, the Share button will appear on WhatsApp.
- Pressing it will return you to the group and a link will be pasted.
- Anyone who clicks on the link will join the video call room where up to 50 people can enter.
Video calls with 50 WhatsApp users from computer
Since a long time WhatsApp can be used from a computer, Mac or Windows, through a client using WhatsApp Web. You must have it installed on your computer and follow these steps, very similar to the previous ones:
- Enter or create a group with all participants.
- At the top right you will see a loot with a clip, click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear in which you should click on Room.
- Now click on Go to Messenger and sign in.
- You can create the room and share the link with your contacts in the WhatsApp group.
This might interest you | 7 functions and tips for WhatsApp that very few know
It is true that its operation is much less intuitive than that of WhatsApp or FaceTime video calls, but it is an option that can work very well for anyone who does not want to download other applications and wants to stay within the Facebook platform, probably because they have already installed all the applications. Just a few keys, you can have 50 people in a video call from your smartphone or from the PC.