In iOS 14, and to a greater extent in iPadOS 14, widgets play a much more relevant role with a complete overhaul and the ability to blend in with apps on our home screen. Widgets, in addition, they can be stacked together in the same space so that we can alternate between several depending on the time of day or our needs.
How to create a stack of widgets
A stack of widgets is, visually, exactly the same as a normal widget. We can create them in small, medium or large sizes and place them where it suits us best. The difference? Which are multiple widgets in the same space. When we slide the stack up or down we will see the different widgets appear who are part of it. So, for example, we can have a stack with the calendar and time and alternate between them with a simple gesture.
The batteries, too, thanks to Siri, are able to learn which widgets we prefer based on location, time, day of the week, etc. With this information, automatically, they can show us the most useful widget at any time. Ready? Let’s create a stack, the steps are as follows:
- We keep any icon on our home screen.
- In the menu we choose Change home screen.
- We touch the “+” at the top left of the screen.
- We touch the first widget that interests us.
- We slide right or left to choose the size we want.
- We drag the widget onto the home screen and place it.
- We touch the “+” again at the top left of the screen.
- We touch the second widget that interests us.
- We swipe right or left to choose the same size as the previous widget.
- We drag the widget just above the previous one.
- We are pressing Okay.
Can we repeat this process each time that we want to add widgets to the same stack.
How to edit and interact with our stack of widgets
Alright, we’ve already created our brand new widget stack, now let’s see how to modify it. Can we add more widgets to the stack, remove them and rearrange themWe will do this by following these steps.
Remove a widget
- We scroll the stack up or down until we see the widget we want to remove.
- We stay on top of the pile.
- We choose Delete “Name”.
- We touch Remove to confirm.
Rearrange the stack
- Press and hold on top of the stack that we want to change.
- We choose Modify the stack.
- We use the little handles on the right of the list to drag the widgets to the new position.
- Press the “x” at the top right.
From there we can also disable the Intelligent control so that the system keeps the widget we have chosen on the screen until we change it manually. Moreover, from this section, we can also drag a list item to the left and touch Remove to delete it.
If at any time we want to delete the entire stack, we will do it the same way as with any widget: hold it and choose Remove the stack.
How to reverse the selfies we take with our iPhone in iOS 14
Indeed, being able to have the widget that interests us at the precise moment according to our habits is a comfort to which it is very easy to get used. Fortunately, Apple gives us all the options so that we can customize our widgets and stack and view them as best we can.