How to customize your Xiaomi Mi Band 4 or Mi Band 5 with your own watch faces.
With the Mi Fit app, you can create your own “watch faces” for Xiaomi Mi Band 4 or Mi Band 5. Do you want to customize the bracelet to your liking? Well you don’t need too much to get it, we teach you.
Thanks to the OLED screen of the latest Mi Band models, it is possible to change the appearance of the bracelet with fun cases, included in the Mi Fit application. In addition, Xiaomi allows the personalization of Mi Band 4 or Mi Band 5 thanks to the possibility of creating your own spheres. And it’s not at all complicated: in a few steps you will have personalized your bracelet with a style that only you will have.
Create a background that matches your style
Mi Fit allows the customization of the strap with five different styles of ‘Watch Face’ or watch face on the Mi Band 5 and with three styles on the Xiaomi Mi band 4. The format of these styles is rectangular to suit the report. of OLED display on the recent Mi band. AND you can choose the arrangement of the elements to adapt the style to your taste.
The customization of the Xiaomi Mi Band is done from the Mi Fit application, on the phone. Photo covers, called “Photo Watch Face”, allow you to create your own watch faces with a basic but functional design. With a little trick, it is possible to completely change the appearance of the Mi Band: choose the background, cut it to the needs of the bracelet and adapt the elements to do the magic.
To customize the Mi Band, you need to do the following:
- Start by choosing the background that you are going to load into the personalized “watch face”. Our advice is to choose an image that look good vertically and leave room for the different elements of the clock (hour, minute, day or not, it all depends on the style you choose).
- We opted for a SamaGame fund. We have chosen the style of ‘Photo Watch Face’ and adapted the background elements to leave space in the upper area for the time and in the lower part for the steps. Depending on the style you choose, you will need to edit the image to make it fit.
Changing the background using an image editor on the computer
- You need to crop the image to 120 x 240 pixels in the case of the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 and 126 x 294 pixels if you have the Mi Band 5. Respect these ratios and the background will be perfect.
- Save the resulting image and send it to the mobile on which the Mi Fit application is installed.
- Open the Mi Fit app and enter the options for your Xiaomi Mi Band 4 or 5.
- Go to the store’.
Look at the faces of the Xiaomi Mi Band 4
- Choose the style of “Photo watch face” you want. We stayed at Mi Band 5 number 2 and Mi Band 5 number 3.
Personalization on the Xiaomi Mi Band 5
- Select the color of the bracelet data (must contrast with the background or the time will not be seen) and load the background you created with the lower ‘+’.
- You will now see what your background looks like on the Mi Band 5: Mi Fit will load the preview. Make sure that the bottom and the elements of the bracelet are beautiful and do not overlap. If necessary, edit it again until it’s perfect.
- Once the ‘Watch Face’ is perfect, click ‘Synchronize the appearance of the watch‘and Mi Fit will charge the watch face of your Xiaomi Mi Band.
- The personalized dial is stored in the Mi Band’s memory: you can return to it from the bracelet settings.
The process can be a bit cumbersome, but it works great with a little bit of time and imagination. If you don’t want to change the background, you can upload any image from your gallery to the bracelet: try until you find the one you like best. And it combines the different styles that Mi Fit offers you.