It is recommended to access the router from changing the default settings dramatically increases the security of your home network. Now, how to access the configuration using only the mobile? We teach you all the ways: from the browser and using apps.
Access to the router to configure it is strongly recommended as it is advisable to remove all factory settings; thus reducing the chances that they will access the connection. In general, the process is more comfortable on the computer, but a mobile is also suitable for the task: you can adjust each device setting from your android browser, also with applications. To do this, you just need to remember an IP address: 192.168.1.1.
Configure your router by typing 192.168.1.1 in the browser
Access to the Movistar router from the IP address of the gateway
To enter the router you must know the IP address of the gateway, a computer device that manages the connection between the local network (that of our house) and the Internet (the external network). This IP address is usually standard, so just enter it in the browser’s address bar to access the router settings. As long as we are connected to said routerThis is the first premise.
The 192.168.1.1 IP address is the one used by most commercial routers and the one who opens the door to its configuration. The process of entering the device that manages the network is as follows:
- Make sure you are connected to the WiFi network of the router or access point you want to enter and configure.
- Open your Android browser. No matter which one you use, all of them will provide you with the same setup.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and accept. The access menu will appear on the screen with the user and password fields.
- Look under your router: the necessary access data will be written on a sticker.
- Enter the data in the browser fields and you will already be inside your router.
- Alternatively, there are mobile brands (such as Samsung) which provide access to router settings from WiFi options. Go to your Android settings, enter the network options and check if a “Configure router” appears among the settings. Click here and you will access the access panel.
Brands like Samsung offer access to coil configuration in some of their mobiles
By default, the gateway IP address is usually 192.168.1.1, but maybe another one is used. If the browser does not load the login page, you can try another usual alternative: 192.168.0.1. You can also check this address on your mobile:
- Go to your mobile settings and enter the WiFi options.
- Access the options for the network you are connecting to.
- Look for the ‘Pont‘and write down the address to write it in your mobile browser.
Your mobile options specify the gateway of the device you are connecting to
Once you have entered your router, we recommend that you change default username and passwordThis will make it difficult for someone else to access the configuration (write them down and don’t lose them). In addition, it is recommended change the names of WiFi networks (SSID) and their password, also set the key security to maximum. You can do everything from the phone.
You can also use apps to access your router
Configure an Asus router with your application
The entry and configuration of the device is not complicated if you are connected to it, you know the address of the gateway and its access data. Although there is another way to access the configuration: using an app. At least as long as your router has it, that not all brands offer an application.
Asus or TP-Link routers have an application, for example Movistar also offers a tool to manage your routers. You will need to check on the manufacturer’s page if your model includes configuration from an Android application: This is an increasingly popular option.