The new version of the Apple Watch operating system arrived a few days ago during Apple’s WWDC20, and for the first time, Apple gave the option to install the public beta of watchOS for all users. These betas were generally reserved for developers, but you can now install it on your Apple Watch without major problem.
New watchOS 7 arrives with new watch faces, sleep mode and a way to wash your hands. This is an important update with more news than we’ve seen in other years for the Apple Watch.
Install the public beta of watchOS 7 on your Apple Watch
While with other operating systems there is always a return to restoring our devices, this is not the case with watchOS. In other words, we won’t be able to go back once we install watchOS 7. But that’s not all, you must also have iOS 14 installed on your iPhone to be able to install it.
The truth is that watchOS is the least recommended system to install, and there are a lot of things to consider because you won’t be able to roll back to a stable version like watchOS 6.
- watchOS is special, and you must have installed iOS 14 on your iPhone before you can install watchOS 7.
- Make sure you have an Apple Watch compatible with watchOS 7Here is the full list.
- Make a backup before installing the public beta of watchOS 7.
- You will not be able to revert to watchOS 6, so you need to stay on watchOS 7 and iOS 14 until it launches in September.
- Some apps may malfunction, we do not know exactly.
- Battery lasts less on betasIt can be a little or a lot, but the battery life is shorter.
- Your Apple Watch may slow down, reheat or restart.
This might interest you | The 6 best functions of watchOS 7
How to install watchOS 7 public beta
Installing watchOS is pretty straightforward, although we have to use the iPhone we synced to be able to do that. If you’ve already read our recommendations, just follow these steps:
- The first thing to do is to install iOS 14 on your iPhone, otherwise watchOS 7 will not be able to install.
- Now you need to enter from iPhone to Apple’s website to try the public betas.
- Click on Sing below.
- We we identify ourselves with our Apple ID, if we don’t have an ID to test the betas, we create one.
- We select the operating system that we want to install, in this case iOS 14.
- We come down to « To start“And click on register your Apple Watch.
- Click on Download the profile.
- The iPhone will ask you on which device you want to install the profile and you choose the Apple Watch.
- All you have to do is go to Application iPhone Watch
Source : Techradar