How to make money online legally. Is it possible to earn money on the web? This is one of the most frequently asked questions, and today I have decided to give an answer, I hope exhaustive. Let’s start by saying that yes, it is possible to make money on the Web, but be careful, the mechanics of the Web are not that different from the so-called real world.
Today I would like to deal with these two types of activities, trying to give you valid ideas about how to make money online legally without being a victim of fraudulent circuits or sites of dubious fame.
If, on the other hand, you intend to exploit the Web to establish a real work activity, the matter becomes more complicated, much more complicated! The results that you will be able to achieve will depend mainly on your desire to do so, on your level of preparation in the sector in which you decide to operate and on the way in which you will be able to promote your initiative.
How to make money on the Internet legally: small amounts
If you like make money online legally and you settle for earn small amounts of money, you can consider several opportunities, including selling used items on online listing sites, writing articles, and taking surveys. We look at all these opportunities in detail.
Sell Used Items
If you don’t have career aspirations and just want to raise some money, you can sell used items (such as books, games, cell phones, etc.) in one of the many listing or auction services available online.
- kijiji and Shpock – These are some of the most famous online advertising portals. All three allow you to sell items by posting for free, but if you want, you can promote your ads to increase visibility by paying.
- etsy – If you are good at creating handmade objects, you can try to “place” them on this platform, which has become a true point of reference for the sale of small craft items. Opening a shop on Etsy is free: you have to pay, however, one fixed commission of €0.17 for each ad published, plus one final value commission of 5% (shipping costs excluded), if the sale is successful, to which we must also add one 4% commission + €0.30 for payment management.
- eBay – The famous online auction portal is one of the best solutions for selling used items. It allows you to post the ads for free but, when the sales are successful, you need to pay for one 10% commission on the final sale (excluding shipping costs).
- AutoScout24 – If you have to sell your car or motorcycle, you can contact this famous portal for the sale of used vehicles. Autoscout24 does not foresee the payment of fixed expenses, nor commissions for published advertisements.
Would you like to turn your writing hobby into an income opportunity? You can do this by signing up for a market editorial content: that’s one of those sites that let you write articles on commissionthanks to which you can more easily sell articles, guides, tutorials, video transcripts and other written content.
One of the most famous markets that you can turn to for this purpose is MelaScrivian online platform that has been a meeting point for companies and independent authors for several years.
Since registration with Melascrivi is free and since it is possible to write articles for multiple issues, why not try to earn money from the comfort of your home by tapping into your passion for writing?
Regarding the earnings of each article, Melascrivi allows you to earn based on the quality of the written content, its length and the experience accumulated over time.
starts from 0.008 euros / word for those starting with the quality/experience level a 1 star and you get up 1.5 euros / word for those who reach level a 4 stars.
To this must be added the commission of 0.70 euros for each item requested. Payments are made after reaching the minimum threshold of 25 euros and are paid through PayPal.
Do odd jobs for commission
Do odd jobs for commission It’s another source of online income that can allow you to earn small amounts, perhaps taking advantage of your free time. You can propose to do multiple types of work, depending on your skills: repair objects, repeat, take care of dogs, do translations, etc.
To search for new commission jobs, you can try researching job search sites (eg. jobrapido ), or you can post ads on the ad sites I mentioned in one of the previous paragraphs, such as kijiji.
Participate in paid surveys
If you don’t want to be too busy, perhaps because you already have a full-time job that takes up a lot of your time, you can try raising small amounts to invest in your hobbies by participating in paid surveys.
Again, you can turn to multiple online portals such as Global Text Market either Opinion of the American consumer.
Earn money online working legally
If you go to work on the internet to get more substantial earnings, you have to go for very different solutions: among them, opening an online store, creating a successful website / blog or opening a YouTube channel. For more information, keep reading.
Open an online store
If you want to “get serious” with the online business world, you can try open an online store.
Also, if you already have a physical store, opening an online store can allow you to expand your business and reach customers you might not otherwise “capture.”
When opening an online store, you can go for three different solutions.
- Ready-to-use e-commerce services – there are online services that allow you to open eCommerce sites with just a few clicks without writing a single line of code or dealing with complicated settings. One of them is blooming, that allows you to create an online store with prices starting at 9.99 euros / month (although to have a custom domain and sell an unlimited number of items, you have to pay 24.99 euros / month).
- CMS (Content Management System): The most professional way to open an e-commerce site is to buy a web domain, online space and install a CMS on it. A CMS is a type of software that allows you to manage the contents of the site and the objects present in the store catalog in an extremely flexible way. There are so many to choose from: WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, prestashop, etc This kind of solution is suitable for those who are pretty good at IT or have the budget to rely on industry professionals to start their online business.
- Display cases in existing stores – Amazon and eBay offer professional sellers the opportunity to open an online store and sell items on their pages. This is the ideal solution for those who already have a physical store and want to expand their activities online without getting involved in running a separate store.
Open a blog or website
Do you think you have the right ideas and skills to open a successful blog or website ?
In that case, know that to turn a web space into a stable and satisfying source of income, you have to take an uphill path… very uphill!
Advertising (which is usually the main source of income for a publishing company) no longer pays like it did a few years ago and the blogging market is quite saturated, making it harder for it to emerge.
However, if you want to be “serious,” I suggest ditching the free platforms (eg Blogspot, WordPress.com, or Altervista) and proceeding in a more professional manner.
Buy a web domain, associate it with an online space appropriate to your needs and your traffic predictions and create a website / blog using a special site CMS (Content management system). To get a more precise idea of the steps to follow, take a look at my guides on how to create a site with WordPress and how to create a site with Joomla.
What are the monetization opportunities available to those who open a blog or website? They are basically advertising and affiliations with third-party companies. Let me talk about it in more detail.
- advertising banners – One of the main systems to monetize the contents of sites and blogs is to publish advertising banners on them. In this case, the income will come from the number of unique visitors that will go to your web space: the more visitors there are, the higher the income. To place banners on your website, you can rely on services like Google AdSense.
- affiliate marketing services – You can also earn money online by participating in affiliate marketing programs. What is it? I’ll tell you right away. Some big companies, like Amazon and Apple, allow you to create videos. Sponsored links and to earn small percentages on objects and / or digital content that are purchased through the latter (if this occurs in a shorter or shorter period of time).
Open a YouTube channel
Open a YouTube channel It can be another important income opportunity. Thanks to affiliate network and to YouTube Partner Program (in which it is possible to participate after reaching 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of viewing in the last 12 months), it is possible to win even considerable amounts.
In this case, however, the pitch that I told you in the previous chapter is: to make noticeable profits, you must have a YouTube channel with many subscribers and, above all, with many views (since a large part of the income comes from of advertising).
Given the increasing demand for developers, an excellent income opportunity could arise. applications development.
If you have no proficiency in the app development world, you can try to build this proficiency.