I am not receiving iOS updates on my iPhone or iPad, what can I do?.
I am not receiving iOS updates on my iPhone or iPad, what can I do?
While reading our news you have seen a message about the release of the next iOS update, but when you go to Software Update the iPhone or iPad shows “The latest software is installed” or a long “Checking for availability of updates” does not gives rise to nothing In this article we will try to explain why iOS updates sometimes do not arrive, and what to do in this case.
In most cases, this problem is caused by the presence of jailbreak on the iOS device and confusion between different types of iOS updates. So let’s go through it in order.
♥ ON TOPIC: On the iPhone, the top of the screen alternately glows green and orange: what are they for?
Types of iOS updates
1. For everyone. These are the usual iOS updates for normal iOS users.
2. For registered promoters. These updates can be installed by users whose iPhone or iPad is linked to a registered developer Apple ID, but anyone can install the software if they want.
Developer updates are the earliest and rawest.
3. For participants in the Beta Testing Program. These updates are available to anyone who wants to receive them, but you must sign up for Apple’s Beta Program. You can find out how to do it here.
Let’s look at the most common cases in which iOS updates may not be available in Settings.
♥ ON TOPIC: Touch iPhone cover – take a screenshot: How to link actions to touch the back of the iPhone case.
Top Reasons Why iOS Updates Don’t Arrive (Message: Latest Installed Software)
1. The user will see this message if the device no longer supports the new updates. Check if your iPhone or iPad is really compatible with the latest iOS update. This can be done, for example, on this page.
2. Signing Last Installed Software can be confusing if a public version of iOS (everyone) is installed on the iPhone or iPad, and a user who is not a registered developer or member of Beta Testing Programs saw the news about the release of the beta firmware.
3. On the other hand, this message may appear if a beta version of the firmware has been installed on the iOS device. For example, there is a beta 16 installed on the iPhone and at that time the final version of iOS 16 has been released for the whole world. In most cases, these two firmware versions (latest beta and final version) are identical, which is why Software Update displays the message Latest Software Installed.
4. Also, the inscription The latest software is installed may indicate that the current update is not yet available for your region. Try to check it later.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to hide unnecessary app pages from the home screen on iPhone and iPad.
How to download the final version of iOS if you have a beta version installed on your device
1. Open the “Settings” app and go to “Basic” and then “VPN & Device Management”. In earlier versions of iOS, this menu was called “Profiles”;
2. In the list of profiles, select “iOS Beta Software Profile” and press “Delete Profile”;
3. When prompted, enter the password and press “.Delete” again to confirm the action;
4. Reboot the iOS device;
5. Open the “Settings” app and go to “Basic” → “Software Update”.
The gadget will find the latest iOS update and install it.
You should also know that by following the above procedure, your beta profile will be deleted. In other words, the device will not receive updates related to the platform test. To reactivate the profile, follow these instructions.
You can also update your device using iTunes on your computer (Finder on Mac). Detailed instructions describing the procedure Updating and Restore iPhone and iPad posted here.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to sort photos and videos using search filters in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad.
Why aren’t iOS updates coming?
In most cases, this message can appear due to the presence of a jailbreak on your iPhone or iPad. You can only update such a device by following the Restore procedure. You can find detailed instructions here.
Long “Checking for availability of updates”. it can also indicate that apple servers are busy (try again later) or that the internet connection is slow.