Intel GPU Driver 188.8.131.5212: Support for Steel Divison 2 and The Sinking City.
Almost a month after the last review and in total silence, Intel has released some new drivers for its iGPUs, which adds a good number of new features, support and bug fixes. The new Intel iGPU Driver 184.108.40.20612 are offered, as usual in the blue giant, they will only be offered in DCH version for Windows 10 and only in 64 bits.
Drivers for Steel Division 2 and The Sinking City
As a good support driver, Intel is not going to let its players down at the stake at the launch of Steel Division 2 and The Sinking City. In the case of the first, we will find a real-time strategy video game set during Operation Bagration.
The game has been developed by Eugen Systems and is the sequel to the game Steel Division: Normandy 44, being released yesterday.
It may interest you …
Intel Gen 11: we reveal all the details of the architecture for its new graphics cards Javier López 21 March, 2019 • 09:03
Instead, The Sinking City is a Horror Mystery Action-Adventure video game developed by Frogwares and published by Bigben Interactive, inspired by the works of horror author HP Lovecraft.
The story follows private investigator and war veteran Charles W and will be released on the 27th of this month. That being said, let’s get to know the improvements and new features that this driver includes:
Driver content and module versions
- Intel Graphics Driver.
- Intel Audio Driver 10.26.0.8 (6th Gen and Pentium Silver or Celeron).
- Intel Audio Driver 10.27.0.4 (7th, 8th, 9th Gen).
- Intel Media SDK Runtime.
- Intel OpenCL Driver.
- Intel Graphics Command Center.
- Vulcan Runtime Installer (220.127.116.11).
- Gameplay improvements and performance optimizations for The Sinking City.
- Performance improvement for Unreal Engine 4.
- We will no longer see minor graphical anomalies in Devil May Cry 5 (DX12).
- Fixed visual artifacts in Microsoft Edge browser when Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing (CMAA) is enabled.
- Improved support for Universal Windows Platform multimedia applications.
- Improved HDR support.
- Miracast can now connect successfully after uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver on 8th Generation Intel Core processors.
- General stability and security improvements implemented
Support for the following operating systems:
From 9th Generation to 6th Generation Intel Core processors, including Intel Xeon and Pentium or Celeron processors:
- Windows 10-64 – Fall Creators Update (1709).
- Windows 10-64 – April 2018 Update (1803).
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2018 Update (1809).
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903).
- Intermittent crashes can be seen in Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, Rage 2 (Vulkan), World War (Vulkan) (1080p Medium and High), Madden NFL 19, and Stormworks: Build and Rescue.
- SPECviewperf 13 crashes when running Creo-02 with high workloads, on 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors.
And here are these new Intel drivers for their iGPUs, where, as always, you can download them directly from their website by following the link.
As always, we recommend that before installing you uninstall the current drivers using DDU following our manual, since this way we will avoid any problem derived from the installation or due to any file or registry that remains in Windows and with this it can reduce performance or create problems.
Don’t forget to disable your network card before entering Windows safe mode for uninstallation.