Konami Digital Entertainment BV announced today that eFootball 2022the official title of the first season of new content for the platform, will be released worldwide for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Windows 10 and PC via Steam on September 30th.
eFootball 2022 will be released on September 30th and will offer players a first taste of what to expect from the new Free2Play football simulation platform. The first free, major update will appear in autumn 2021. This update also marks the launch of eFootball™ 2022 for iOS and Android devices.
Seitaro Kimura, eFootball Series Producer at Konami Digital Entertainment, comments: Since ‘eFootball’ is the name of our entire platform, ‘eFootball 2022’ is the official title for our first season of content. Platform updates, bringing new features like cross-platform matchmaking and mobile controller support, will be coming regularly over the coming months and will always be free. Future content updates and game modes will be offered to players as either free or premium options. We look forward to seeing the players on the field and getting their feedback.”
Content for the release of eFootball 2022
The heart of eFootball is “eFootball World”. In this game mode, players can play games with real teams for free starting September 30, including:
- Offline matches against an AI or a friend with a choice of nine authentic clubs to choose from: FC Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United, Arsenal FC, SC Corinthians Paulista, CR Flamengo, CA River Plate, São Paulo FC
- Choice of six different stadiums: Allianz Arena, Camp Nou, Old Trafford, Emirates Stadium, Allianz Stadium, eFootball Stadium
- Cross-generation matchmaking (PlayStation®5 vs PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S vs Xbox One) with weekly online events and preset teams in the game of GP.
Contents of the first major update for eFootball 2022
This fall, with the exact date to be announced at a later date, numerous core features will be added to eFootball™ World as a free update, including “Creative Teams”.
- In this mode, players and coaches can be signed that fit their favorite tactics and formations. These must then be trained and strengthened in order to be able to compete against other players in the world. In eFootball™ 2022, the most sought-after players can be signed to get the most out of team building.
- One of over 600 licensed teams can be chosen as the basis, giving access to the authentic crest, kit and stadium*. This is how your own dream club slowly develops.
*Real stadiums are not available for all teams.
New game modes*
- eFootball Creative League – this is the league where players can use their own creative team to compete against others and become the best player in the world. By earning points, promotion to the next league can be mastered, and rewards are available based on performance in the ten games per round.
- touring event – Play against AI opponents in a tour format in which rewards can be earned by earning lots of points
- challenge event – Online games against other players in which the aim is to achieve specific goals
- Online quick match – Classic online match against other players. Over 600 licensed teams/clubs available, plus newly added cross-platform matchmaking (PC and consoles)
- Online match lobby – Online matchroom to invite other players for a 1v1
*Certain match modes will only be available after the v1.0 launch. More details soon.
New player types
- default – Players based on performance in the current season. These can be contracted with eFootball Coins or GP.
- trending – Players based on specific matches or matchday weeks in which they were particularly good
- featured – Handpicked players who can be signed with eFootball™ Coins or eFootball™ Points
- Legendary – Players based on a specific Legendary Season that can be purchased in eFootball™ Coins or eFootball™ Points
There are a total of three in-game currencies in eFootball: eFootball Coins (premium currency), GP (earnable by playing) and eFootball™ Points (also earned through gameplay)
More information is available on the game’s official website.
Match Passes & Aim Tasks*
- After a certain number of games played, the Match Pass awards rewards such as specific contracts that allow users to sign players of their choice, eFootball Coins and more. Users also have the option to purchase a higher-tier Advantage Match Pass for even greater rewards.
- Regardless, players receive rewards for completing certain in-game goals. For even greater rewards, there is the option to spend eFootball™ Coins to unlock premium goals.
*Some features will only go live after the release of v1.0. More information to follow.
eFootball for iOS and Android
With the eFootball platform based on Unreal Engine, it was possible to unify the gaming experience on console, PC and mobile devices and offer true console-level gameplay on iOS and Android devices.
For the current users of eFootball PES 2021 mobile, eFootball 2022 will be made available as an update of the existing app, completely overhauling the previous version with a new engine and new features.
Despite the significant changes, the development team has ensured that current users will be able to adopt many elements from the game once eFootball 2022 goes live in the fall. Full details of what can and cannot be adopted are now available on the official website.
As with console and PC, the eFootball platform on mobile will receive regular updates for functionality over time. Support for mobile controllers will be added in the following free updates, and with it the ability to choose cross-platform matchmaking between all controller-based players.
Planned updates in the future
Below is a small selection of features and content that will be added to the platform at a later date. More details will follow in the future.
- The ability to create entirely custom teams, jerseys, players and more will be added for free on supported devices – more details to come
More gameplay updates
- PlayStation 5 haptic feedback as well as adaptive trigger support
- Further improvements to ball physics
- Power Pass, Power Shot and other special moves
- Mobile controller support
- Full cross-platform matchmaking (PC, console and mobile)
For the latest information about the eFootball franchise, visit the official website!