Indie games label Fellow Traveler today announced the dates and exhibitors for LudoNarraCon 2020, a global festival on Steam that celebrates narrative video games. The 2020 festival runs from April 24-27 and showcases games like Telling Lies, Eliza, Heaven’s Vault, Boyfriend Dungeon, Paradise Killer, and Genesis Noir, among others.
Hosted by Fellow Traveler, an independent game label focused on innovative narrative games, LudoNarraCon is a groundbreaking event that replicates many of the aspects of conventions such as PAX or SamaGame Expo, but through a digital format and hosted on the Steam platform.
“It’s free to participate, free to exhibit, has a global reach, and no one has to put on pants.” Chris Wright, Managing Director, Fellow Traveler
Following the successful pilot in May 2019, which saw over 850,000 people visit the central event page on Steam, this year’s event will see a 25% increase in exhibitors, a 66% increase in demos, and a doubling of live panel content. The organizers hope to achieve a bigger turnout with a goal of 1.5 million visitors on the event page for the 2020 event.
During the festival, 30 exhibitors from around the world will stream exclusive behind-the-scenes content and sneak onto their Steam store pages with over 15 exhibitors offering downloadable demos, available only for the duration of the event. There will also be live panel discussions on the main theater stream and a sale featuring over 50 story-rich games.
“We believe digital festivals like LudoNarraCon are the way of the future for indie developers and solve many of the challenges with physical events,” said Chris Wright, Managing Director of Fellow Traveler. “It’s free to participate, free to exhibit, has a global reach, and no one has to put on pants.”
Fellow Traveler today announced 23 exhibitors with more exhibitors to be revealed in the coming months. The announced participating games are:
- Boyfriend Dungeon – Kitfox Games
- Chinatown Detective Agency – General Interactive Co.
- Eliza – Softtronics
- Genesis Noir – Feral Cat Den / Fellow Traveller
- Heaven’s Vault – inkle
- Hypnospace Outlaw – Tendershoot / No More Robots
- In Other Waters – Jump Over The Age / Fellow Traveller
- Mutazione – Die Gute Fabrik / Akapura Games
- Neo Cab – Chance Agency / Fellow Traveller
- Not Tonight– Panic Barn / No More Robots
- Out There: Oceans of Time – Mi-Clos Studio / Modern Wolf, Fractale
- Paradise Killer– Kaizen Game Works / Fellow Traveller
- She Dreams Elsewhere – Studio Zevere
- Solace State – Vivid Foundry
- Sometimes Always Monsters – Vagabond Dog/Devolver
- Suzerain – Torpor Games / Fellow Traveller
- Tangle Tower – SFB Games
- Count Lies – Drowning a Mermaid Productions / Annapurna Interactive
- The Church in the Darkness – Paranoid Productions / Fellow Traveller
- The Stillness of the Wind – Lambic Studios / Fellow Traveller
- Wayward Beach – Ghost Pattern
- Welcome to Elk = Triple Topping
- Yes, Your Grace- Brave At Night / No More Robots