Lots of info World Of Warcraft Shadowlands.
Sylvanas Windrunner, fallen leader of the Horde, has set in motion a chain of events that threatens to upset the cosmic balance between life and death. Blizzard Entertainment today revealed World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, the latest expansion for the company’s critically acclaimed online multiplayer role-playing game, in which the heroes of Azeroth must battle the wonders and horrors of the afterlife and deal with the consequences of the actions of Sylvanas.
World of Warcraft players who enter the legendary Shadowlands will find the realms of the dead in turmoil. Departed souls were given over to a realm fit for the life they led, but now all souls are led to the Maw, where the most wicked are damned to suffer for eternity. As they attempt to rectify the cycle and discover the extent of Sylvanas’ designs, players will bond with the Covenants who hold domain over various planes within the Shadowlands:
- The steadfast Kyrian of Bastion, whose discipline and duty compel them to protect souls from the mortal realm as they pass through the Shadowlands.
- The mysterious night Fae of Ardenweald, fiercely defending the nature spirits against those who would rob them of rebirth.
- The cunning Venthyr of Revendreth, feasting the souls of the proud and vain in a Gothic realm of opulence and torment.
- The warlike Necrolords of Maldraxxus, who forge the undead armies that serve as the first line of defense for the Shadowlands and honor those who seek power and glory in battle.
As they journey through the Shadowlands, players will also come face to face with some of the departed legends of the Warcraft universe, such as Uther the Lightbringer, who struggles against dark forces seeking to transform him into a symbol of retribution, and Kael ‘thas, who seeks vengeance against an enemy from his past while confining himself to Revendreth for the crimes he committed in life.
“Shadowlands takes us to a place we’ve never dreamed of in the Warcraft universe, and it’s incredibly exciting,” said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. “We can’t wait to explore the big world, catch up with old trusted friends and forge an epic new chapter in the Warcraft saga together with our players.”
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Features
A host of new features and activities await players in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. When crossing the realm between realms, players can:
- Explore the Realm of the Dead: For the first time in World of Warcraft, players will cross the Shadowlands and experience the wonders and horrors of the afterlife in five new zones – the shining fields of Bastion, the scarred battlefields of Maldraxxus, the eternal twilight of Ardenweald, the lavish keep of Revendreth and the gruesome Maw.
- Claim a Covenant’s Power: Players are called upon to bond with one of the four Covenants that control the new zones of Shadowlands and set the tone for their journey through the expansion with a full Covenant campaign. As they level up, they gain new abilities based on their choice, including class-specific abilities for each Covenant – and develop Soulbinds with specific Covenant members, giving them access to that character’s specific traits and bonuses.
- Ascend the Tower of the Damned: At the heart of the Maw lies Torghast, the Tower of the Damned, a cursed alien prison where the wickedest souls in the universe are imprisoned. Very heroic and inspired by roguelike games, heroes are invited to explore the ever-changing halls and chambers and battle the minions of the jailer, the evil ruler of Torghast. Those who brave the trials can claim legendary treasures and help free the heroic spirits wrongly imprisoned.
- Every Level Is Meaningful: Shadowlands will introduce a new leveling system, intended to provide a meaningful sense of progression with each level completed. Current max level characters start Shadowlands at level 50 and work towards the new level cap of 60.
- A New Army of the Dead Rises: To counter Sylvanas’ attack on Icecrown, Bolvar Fordragon — the revered former Paladin who took on the mantle of Lich King to keep the Scourge at bay — has raised heroes from all the nations of Azeroth to bolster the Death Knights of Acherus. With Shadowlands, pandaren and all allied races can now become Death Knights.
- Improved Character Customization Options: A host of new appearance options for all races are made available to players when they create new World of Warcraft characters (or change existing characters in the in-game barber shop).
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is available for purchase digitally from the Blizzard Shop starting today, featuring three different options all designed with player preference in mind. The Base Edition of Shadowlands is available for €39.99 and offers a new lower entry point compared to previous expansions. The Heroic Edition (€54.99) includes the expansion; a level-120 character boost; and the ensorcelled Everwyrm mountain, which provides access to a quest line that allows players to earn the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set. The Epic Edition ($74.99) includes the Anima Wyrmling pet; the Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect; the Hearthstone of the Eternal Traveler, designed with a unique visual effect; and 30 days of playtime, in addition to all Heroic Edition content.
All bonuses from the Heroic and Epic editions are unlocked immediately after purchase. Additionally, pre-purchasing an edition of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will allow players to create pandaren and allied race Death Knights once the Visions of N’Zoth content update for the current expansion, Battle for Azeroth™, arrives in the coming months. months.
For more information on World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, visit www.worldofwarcraft.com.