Microsoft bought ZeniMax Media – owner Bethesdawith a dozen studios including the creators of The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Quake, The Evil Within, Dishonored, and Wolfenstein.
Among the new studios that are now part of Microsoft:
- Bethesda Game Studios — The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield
- id Software — DOOM
- ZeniMax Online Studios — The Elder Scrolls Online
- Arkane — Dishonored, Prey (2017), Deathloop
- MachineGames — Wolfenstein
- Tango Gameworks — The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Roundhouse Studios (бывшая Human Head Studios) — Prey (2006).
It is noteworthy that next year Bethesda will release two temporary exclusives for the PlayStation 5 at once – Ghostwire: Tokyo and Deathloop… Both projects will also be released on PC, however, other platforms will only reach after some time.
Moreover, now Bethesda and Obsidian belong to the same company, so a continuation is not excluded Fallout: New Vegas.
Obsidian tweeted when asked that technically Fallout: New Vegas 2 could actually be born.
In addition, Bethesda has confirmed that it will independently publish the already announced projects, and all major releases like Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI will immediately appear on Xbox Game Pass. By the way, the total audience of the service has already exceeded 15 million people.
The deal is worth $ 7.5 billion.
Source : Game Informer